Merely for curiosity; for what reasons do a LONG TIME vegetarian or vegan go back to eating meat?

Emphasis on the "for curiosity" and "long time (i.e. multiple years, or atleast 1 full year)". I'm emphasizing the "for curiosity" so that people don't accuse me of being some sort of hypocrite or other nasty word, or for not "harboring the true spirit of... show more Emphasis on the "for curiosity" and "long time (i.e. multiple years, or atleast 1 full year)". I'm emphasizing the "for curiosity" so that people don't accuse me of being some sort of hypocrite or other nasty word, or for not "harboring the true spirit of vegetarianism/veganism in my heart."

I AM vegetarian (lacto vegetarian (though I rarely drink cow's milk)) and cannot even imagine going back. So please don't insult me.

I'm just merely curious. If you were a vegetarian or vegan for a long time (1 year +), it sounds rather shocking that you'd go back to a diet you gave up on long ago? Unless the person really LOVED meat and still hadn't gotten used to not having it in their diet for the years, but then again, how did the person last YEARS in the first place, and why did they choose to stay veg/vegan that long, if what they really wanted to eat again was meat? The second possible reason I thought was for dietary / health reasons (either weight loss or to get healthy), but it wouldn't take (generally) YEARS to lose weight (unless you're planning on losing 100+ pounds), and if you went veg/vegan to get healthy, well, then you're technically taking back a "less healthy" lifestyle after years of being healthy.

Sorry about bad grammar. Had to hurry to type this question.

please be respectful in your answers.
Update: I emphasized "long time" because it's more common for people to give up on vegetarianism early after starting the new lifestyle, because it might be too hard for them, or they didn't really want to be vegetarian, or they are too picky with veg/fruit foods, etc. I just think to give it up after YEARS must be the... show more I emphasized "long time" because it's more common for people to give up on vegetarianism early after starting the new lifestyle, because it might be too hard for them, or they didn't really want to be vegetarian, or they are too picky with veg/fruit foods, etc. I just think to give it up after YEARS must be the result of something ESPECIALLY significant.
Update 2: & I realize an omnivorous diet CAN be healthy. But when you compare vegetarianism or veganism to being an omnivorous eater, vegetarianism/veganism GENERALLY brings MORE health benefits.Just saying. Thought someone may find that offensive.