Colin Ashner asked in SportsHockey · 10 years ago

Peter Forsberg returning to the NHL?

What do all you hockey fans out there think about this? Im a Pens fan but i hope for the best for him and im excited to watch him play.

Well, hes not very old? i think hes only 34. and a lot of players are winded after practice. some NHL teams have pretty intense practice.

• Hannah
    Favorite Answer

He's 37. But, even if age has caught up with him, the bottom line is that the Avs are in a downward spiral, they don't have leadership, nothing is working right (Offense can't score, D can't defend, goalies suck) and they desperately need some help. I think Forsberg can provide that jump-start. At the very least, he can teach our young forwards some things and help them improve their game. In the words of Foote, "I don't know where he's going to be after that long break. But even if he's not going to be at that ultimate level, a Forsberg at any level is good for your hockey team."

• He's 37, and has been out of the game too long. This is a publicity stunt by the Avs nothing more. They are having a terrible season, having a hard time filling seats this year, are likely to miss the playoffs. Forsberg is old, slow, and not up to playing form. I also think the game is different now. I see nothing coming out of this but embarrassment for a former great.

• Stevie

I hope for the best for him too, but his

foot problems have not been resolved.

It was reported last week that he was

out of breath after practice.

• ?

That's a good advertisement for the Avs but we all know Peter is not young any more....but good luck Peter