Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Should Canada allow "false news" like the US?

Allowing lies to be called news, the freedom to lie and say its the truth

I'm all for free speech, but "news" should remain factual (as much as possible)

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/crtc-...

Update:

@Sharon - I agree completely

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You actually believe that all that you hear and see on TV and radio is the truth, the whole turth and nothing but the truth - even in Canada? No. The media is the largest propaganda tool in the world used to control people. They all tell you exactly what they want you to know, no more and no less.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

And who determines what is 'false' and 'true'? Especially political news. That's the problem with banning 'false' news. Just let the news agencies rise or fall on their reporters ability to find the truth, or openly become a 'news' agency like The Onion or Enquirer.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I can only imagine what the criteria for "false news" is.

If it in any way disparages or cast a negative light on anything Obama does, then IT CAN NOT BE NEWS will be rule #1 proposed by the libs in their attempt to curtail free speech in the name of a witch hunt for "false news"

• ?
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Everyone loves a bit of gossip, As i always say I never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Of course ALL news should be factual, but sadly, in almost every country, it is either outright lies, or carefully worded Propaganda.

This is the truth.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Canada isn't a free country. It's state-controlled news and censorship. It's not dissimilar to the former Soviet Union.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If Canucks would mind their own business, they wouldn't get themselves so worked up about Americans.

But then, that wouldn't be any fun, would it? A hobby of hatred because you choose it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Got an example? And for the record, not agreeing does not make it false. More than likely, it simply makes you uninformed.

• 1 decade ago

No, keep bowing down to an old lady who calls herself the" Queen" The Queen, how funny, can't wrap my American brain around that !! Thank heaven we booted all those who think they are "royal" out over two hundred years ago !! Just for fun listen to Randy Newman's song "Political Science" hilarious " Boom goes London, Boom Paree, more room for you and more room for me, they all hate us any how,.so let's drop the big one now !"

• 1 decade ago

that kind of idioty should stay in the US. it's not good, but I need a country to laugh at.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.