Should Canada allow "false news" like the US?

Allowing lies to be called news, the freedom to lie and say its the truth

I'm all for free speech, but "news" should remain factual (as much as possible)

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/crtc-...

@Sharon - I agree completely

Favorite Answer

You actually believe that all that you hear and see on TV and radio is the truth, the whole turth and nothing but the truth - even in Canada? No. The media is the largest propaganda tool in the world used to control people. They all tell you exactly what they want you to know, no more and no less.

And who determines what is 'false' and 'true'? Especially political news. That's the problem with banning 'false' news. Just let the news agencies rise or fall on their reporters ability to find the truth, or openly become a 'news' agency like The Onion or Enquirer.

I can only imagine what the criteria for "false news" is.

If it in any way disparages or cast a negative light on anything Obama does, then IT CAN NOT BE NEWS will be rule #1 proposed by the libs in their attempt to curtail free speech in the name of a witch hunt for "false news"

• ?

Everyone loves a bit of gossip, As i always say I never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Of course ALL news should be factual, but sadly, in almost every country, it is either outright lies, or carefully worded Propaganda.

This is the truth.

Canada isn't a free country. It's state-controlled news and censorship. It's not dissimilar to the former Soviet Union.

If Canucks would mind their own business, they wouldn't get themselves so worked up about Americans.

But then, that wouldn't be any fun, would it? A hobby of hatred because you choose it.

Got an example? And for the record, not agreeing does not make it false. More than likely, it simply makes you uninformed.

No, keep bowing down to an old lady who calls herself the" Queen" The Queen, how funny, can't wrap my American brain around that !! Thank heaven we booted all those who think they are "royal" out over two hundred years ago !! Just for fun listen to Randy Newman's song "Political Science" hilarious " Boom goes London, Boom Paree, more room for you and more room for me, they all hate us any how,.so let's drop the big one now !"

that kind of idioty should stay in the US. it's not good, but I need a country to laugh at.