promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Can someone tell me if this computer build is compatible/worth it?

- LOGISYS Computer Area 51 CS51WBK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 480W Power Supply

- Antec EarthWatts Green EA-430D Green 430W Continuous power ATX12V v2.3 / EPS 12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

- AMD Athlon II X4 645 Propus 3.1GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor ADX645WFGMBOX

- BIOSTAR A880G+ AM3 AMD 880G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

- Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

- G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-4GBRL

- Sony Optiarc CD/DVD Burner Black SATA Model AD-7260S-0B - OEM

- AZiO AWD102N PCI Wireless Adapter

- APEVIA CF4S-UBL 80mm Case Fan

- Arctic Silver AA-1.75G Thermal Compound

if im missing something let me know and all suggestions welcome. i dont need to do any heavy duty gaming on it either. im using new egg btw and thanks

Update:

i had two power supplies because the second one was going to replace the included one. and as far as motherboards go i was looking for one with and hdmi so i can use my current tv. thanks for all the suggestions so far and keep them coming!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Hi,

You've got two power supplies and no graphics card at the moment. Also Biostar motherboards are dreadful in my experience. Asus, Gigabyte and MSI are the ones to get ;)

This is what i would go for:

ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM

$18.99

COOLER MASTER HAF 912 RC-912-KKN1 Black SECC/ ABS Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case $59.99

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

$64.99

GIGABYTE GA-M68MT-D3 AM3 NVIDIA GeForce 7025/nForce 630a chipset Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$49.99

SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100283VX-2L Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB

$129.99

Antec BP550 Plus 550W Continuous Power ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

$64.99

WINTEC AMPX 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Kit

$39.99

AMD Athlon II X4 645 Propus 3.1GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor

$109.99

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM

$99.99

Linksys WMP600N PCI Wireless Adapter with Dual-Band

$55.24

By the way, thermal compound comes with the processor, so you shouldn't need a separate tube ;)

Hope i've helped

Source(s): Custom PC builder, PC gamer
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • S
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

A little larger on the PSU, say 500-600 watts. Find a Antec or other name brand on sale, ( Corsair, OCZ, etc). The case will work fine. I have a mATX board in a mid tower case for one system. Lots of room. Makes cable organization a breeze. I know the case comes with the other PSU. You are smart not to use that one. It will make a good door stop. All else looks well. It should provide you with happy times, because you are organized. Hope it helps.

Source(s): Experence
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

You have an ATX case and a MicroATX motherboard. Bad. Either get a full-size ATX motherboard or a small MicroATX case. For your needs I think you should go for MicroATX since you don't seem to need any special cooling or tall expansion cards (like most heavy duty video cards) which can give problems fitting into a MicroATX case.

Other than that everything seems cool. As far as "worth it", well, give us a price. You'll get mixed opinions of course.

Source(s): Built 2 computers for myself and several others for customers.
  • Mooga
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

You have two power supplies and no video card.

You should fix that before even checking comatibility.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

up your power supply. and youll be set. maybe a 600w. cos if your planning on getting a video card later youll be already set.

Source(s): experience
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

i think you need a better psu and a video card!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.