1.Which of the following is not an obligation of citizenship?
A. serving in the armed forces
B. obeying the laws
C. Voting in elections
D. paying taxes
2.Which of the following allows the government to discriminate against people under the age of 21 by prohibiting them from drinking alcohol?
A. strict scrutiny test
B. suspect classification test
C. rational basis test
D. public welfare test
4. U.S. laws that required separate facilities such as schools, theaters, and restaurants for African Americans and whites were called
A. de facto segregation.
B. apartheid laws.
C. Topeka laws.
D Jim Crow laws.
5. Which landmark 1954 Supreme Court decision determined that the separate-but-equal doctrine did not justify the segregation of public schools?
A. Loving v. Virginia
B. Dred Scott v. Sanford
C. Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka
D. Brown v. Board of Education of Birmingham
6. The Montgomery, Alabama bus boycott was sparked by
A. a violent racial confrontation between Freedom Riders and a white mob.
B. the arrest of Rosa Parks.
C. sit-ins by college students.
D. a speech by Martin Luther King about discrimination in hiring bus drivers.
- Applejaxx228283Lv 410 years agoFavorite Answer
4. D (how could you not know that?)
5. Plessy vs ferguson