Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Amber C asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

What movie is this? Olympic movie!?

It was probably made in the late 80's or 90's. It was about a poor young man trying to make it to the Olympics. I remember his father was abusive and he had a little brother. He did that sport where they swing real fast on the bars. And then his love interest was a tumbler. I remember she was pretty and had long blond hair. Sorry,that's all i can remember. Thanks for your help!

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

American Anthem (1986)

starring Mitch Gaylord (an Olympic gymnast), Janet Jones, Michael Pataki, Patrice Donnelly, John Aprea, Michelle Phillips

IMDb synopsis:

Steve is a talented gymnast who has given up competition and is working at his father's bike shop. Julie is the new girl at his old gym, who has moved to town to train with their powerful coach. Inspired by Julie, Steve resumes training. While dealing with the conflicts in their personal lives and the stress of training, they prepare for the US Olympic Trials.

Just a bit of trivia:

Mitch Gaylord first thrilled the world in 1984 when he led the United States Olympic gymnastics team to its Gold Medal victory. In addition to being the first American gymnast in history to score a perfect "10", Mitch went on to capture a Silver medal for Vaulting and two Bronze medals for Rings and Parallel Bars. As the No. 1 ranked gymnast in 1983 and 1984, Mitch invented two moves now named internationally after him. To this day, the Gaylord Flip and the Gaylord Two are considered to be among the most difficult and spectacular feats in gymnastics.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.