Rich
Rich asked in Consumer ElectronicsLand Phones · 9 years ago

How much does it cost to change phone companies?

I want to change my home phone from Verizon to iO. How much would it cost? Thanks in advance.

• Carl N
    Best Answer

Using my best Dustin Hoffman Rainman voice, about a dollar :-)

I assume iO is a CLEC (Competitive Local Exchange Carrier) who has to "rent" the local plant from the ILEC (Incumbent, like Vz). They will tell you what it costs, what deposits you might need, and be sure to discuss payment and late fees.

2

Source(s): Free Government Mobile Phone : http://FreeCellPhones.iukiy.com/?Zqfh
  • joe r

would not cost you anything... if you have a contract with verizon you would have to pay any ETFs and you may have to pay your final bill before the number can be ported to iO, and you may need to pay an install fee for iO since they REQUIRE a tech to come out and install the phone line/cable modem... i got the install fee waived because i told them that it was stupid for them to require a tech visit to install the service when i am a telecom tech and could do the install myself..

i believe sprint rates $2 hundred to terminate the settlement much less $5 for each performed month. the telephone is $eighty in case you purchase it on line with a 2 twelve months settlement. Plans start up at $40/month.

Depends on the phone company and what you would like to go on. Prepaid or a plan

Source(s): www.austr.eproduct-review.com

That depends on the phone companies. If your present one is cheaper than the newone, stay put. If not, go with the new one.