American vs Japanese Animation?

Okay, I noticed that their art styles are fairly similar when it comes to comic shows and manga shows. The differences I know of though is eyes of course, not all anime have the eye thing, like some characters are more realistically drawn, especially if they're white, but with the American animation, I also... show more Okay, I noticed that their art styles are fairly similar when it comes to comic shows and manga shows. The differences I know of though is eyes of course, not all anime have the eye thing, like some characters are more realistically drawn, especially if they're white, but with the American animation, I also notice that they never do the eye thing, if the person is oriental, they give them a round face with asian slanted eyes, as in comparison to the Japs drawing the caucasians with eyebrow ridges and smaller sunken in eyes. So they tend to be realistic drawing the other race, but with American Animation, they also draw the caucasians and blacks with their own set of characteristics -big lips etc. Oh and the hair, that's also a difference unless the anime character is white, then there isn't much difference there.
But other than these obvious differences, what else is different between the two styles?