Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Why do liberals call themselves "independent thinkers" when they all believe the same progressive propaganda?

Is that funny? A bunch of "free thinkers" who all believe the same things. Is that the ultimate definition of irony?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

Why do ultra-conservative call themselves thinkers at all, when all they do is cling to ways of the past and rhetorical one-liners from the intellectually banal likes of Palin and Beck.

no one is a totally independent thinker, but I'll take progressive philosophies and policies. G-d forbid we should progress

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Anais Nin

• James
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

I don't call myself an independent thinker with regard to political ideas.

• C Y
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

No such thing as independent thinker. Everyone is influenced by what they believe or learn.

• 9 years ago

I agree. Freethinkers are no such thing--they all seem to toe the same lines and regurgitate the same CNN-based tripe they've been brainwashed with along with all the other evolutionists. Other than that, they're all people who need a Savior like the rest of us, but can a Freethinker get outside the box enough to consider that?

Only God in His infinite grace and mercy can help the sinner see his deeds for what they are.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

You may want to go in the politics forum. Both liberals and conservatives suffer from groupthink.

• 9 years ago

Aren't conservatives the ones who keep parroting universal healthcare will turn us into communists?

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Actually liberals and progressives are similar, but not the same.

Do you have a source, or are you just repeating what you heard?

• 9 years ago

not really since they have chosen to believe these things and are free to think that way. TROLL.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

if by "same things" you mean conclusions based on sound evidence then yes, we believe in the "same thing"

• Daken
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

I love how fundies just lump everyone they dislike into one group and dismiss them instently. It is so much easier then thinking.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.