I want to refinance but I'm upside down and non-FHA, so what are my options?

I owe 163K on a house currently estimated at about 125K, and slowly, very slowly increasing in value. I called my own mortgage company about a refi or modification and apparently qualify for neither. Due to some very cleverly worded phrases by the originators of the loan, my house payment is now $400 more per... show more I owe 163K on a house currently estimated at about 125K, and slowly, very slowly increasing in value. I called my own mortgage company about a refi or modification and apparently qualify for neither. Due to some very cleverly worded phrases by the originators of the loan, my house payment is now $400 more per month than it was when I got it 3 years ago.

Although the bank says I can afford it, that won't be the case for long. I don't want to lose it and the four times that I have called to see if they will work with me, they just keep saying that I have to be behind on the payments. I don't want to mess up my credit score, so does anyone know of any other options?