What should I wear with a tan colored suit jacket?

I got a really good deal on a tan / khaki colored suit jacket, but i'm not looking to wear it as a suit (matching top and bottom). Would a darker brown look best, or possibly light tan pants? Also, what color shirt & tie should I be looking to buy? Any help / direction is appreciated.. I'm in my early 20's, so I don't have much experience wearing more formal wear. If possible, a more hip look would be preferred to a distinguished look.

Here is the suit top that I have. http://www.menswearhouse.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ser...

I own a pair of charcoal slacks, and 2 pairs of tan colored slacks which are slightly off-colored from the blazer. I'm assuming I will need to invest in a different colored pair.

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Great that you got a good deal - lighter jacket calls for a dark color shirt and a light colored tie. Try a dark blue shirt with a yellow/blue stripe tie. Could be fashion forward by making it a bow tie - regimental stripes are very fashionable currently. Check out stores like Jos A Banks. Brooks Brothers for bow ties - or most of the major Mall anchor stores are carrying bow ties now. Self Tie style of course - easy to tie- just like shoelaces!

As for the pants - I suggest again going with something dark - browns or blacks- even navy or dark blues- could even be a classic fit pair of jeans- nice dark jeans with dress shoes or a pair of stylish boots.

Make the shirt a french cuff and add some cuff links for an added formality - also when checking out the ties check for pocket squares to match for that finished stylish look.

I ussualy like it as a suit, But I only wear a suit one time, Every time I wear a suit I get into a fight and it gets wrecked.

or 4 different times while wearing a tan suit I got shot in the chest and I was found with blood all over my suit

• nashim

It relies upon on your coloring and what form of makeup, rings, and shoes. in case you're darker and prefer to placed on makeup in colorations of brown then decide for a darker coloration or cream, no longer vivid white. in case you're lighter and placed on blues then you could coordinate in this occasion. in case you placed on gold rings decide for browns and olives, etc. Silver, lighter colorations. The purpose is to compliment your pores and skin and hair.