My custom gaming computer.?
So I have decided what parts and everything I need for a new gaming computer I am building. I just want to ask Yahoo to see what you guys think about it. Here are the Specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor
- http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Intellipower... (Hard Drive)
Western Digital 1 TB Caviar Green SATA Intellipower 64 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Desktop Hard Drive WD10EARS
http://www.computersworth.com/item.cfm?id=1587&ite... (Windows 7 premium 64 bit [Operating System])
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit (Full Install) OEM (branded)
SAPPHIRE 100314SR Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit
- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N8... (Motherboard)
ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=11... (Computer Case)
DYNAPOWER USA Hachiman
- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N8... (RAM Cards)
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory
- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N8... (DVD-RW Drive)
ASUS Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk – OEM
- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N8... (Power Supply)
Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W Continuous Power
Tell me what you think. And if you find anything wrong please tell me. Oh and dont tell me my computer case is ugly or something, just tell me if it will work!
- 9 years agoFavorite Answer
That's a nice build man, the processor is good for overclocking. I'm pretty sure the case comes with a 600w psu so if you're getting a different one i'd recommend 700w+
good choice of ram and hdd though have you checked out the samsung spinpoint f3 and f4? damn fast and well priced.
Only thing I'd really change well if you're a gamer is the graphics card,if you got the extra funds i'd go for the radeon 6950 which can very easily be over clocked to a 6970 even a bit more if you really want.
all in all a nice build though, I have mine coming tomorrow and can't wait, its spes are:
- Case: Antec 300 Case with LED case fans
- Power Supply: OCZ StealthXStream 700W
- CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 3.30GHz @ 4.60GHz Sandybridge CPU
- Motherboard: Asus P8P67 PRO Intel P67 Motherboard
- Cooler: Corsair H50 CPU Cooler
- RAM: Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit
- Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB SATA-II 16MB Cache(ran out of funds but an easy future upgrade)
- Graphics Card: radeon 6950 oc to 6970 xfire
- Sound: Realtek 7.1 Channel Sound (On-Board)
- Optical Drive: LG DVD+/-RW SATA DriveSource(s): Good luck with your rig!