Butter asked in SportsBaseball · 9 years ago

Over/Under: Will Carlos Pena hit over or under 40 homeruns this year?

BQ: Are you guys liking my daily "Over/Under" segments? =3

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

i'll say he's fall just short at 39

• 9 years ago

Remember, we need to take into consideration that he's going to play 81 games at Wrigley Field. It doesn't take a genius to know that when the wind blows, balls fly outta that park.

If Peña could hit 47 at Tampa, he can easily hit 40 in Chicago -- even if he hits .250.

Edit: @GIANTS=CHAMPIONS, dude, you're right. The NL Central has Yovani Gallardo, Zack Greinke, Shaun Marcum, Chris Carpenter, Adam Wainwright, Jaime Garcia, Johnny Cueto, and Bronson Arroyo, but something that hasn't been addressed is that they can allow homeruns.

These are the homeruns allowed by these 8 pitchers last season:

Gallardo: 12

Greinke: 18

Marcum: 24

Carpenter: 21

Wainwright: 15

Garcia: 9

Cueto: 19

Arroyo: 29

These guys are good, but not untouchable. Peña can catch up to the best heater they can throw him. People don't give the guy enough credit, but I can't blame you.

• 9 years ago

@That Guy, yes, that is a possibility, but we all know that the NL Central is STACKED with good pitching (besides some of the Pirates and Astros pitchers), and he's still not gonna hit that many EVEN WITH Wrigley Field's short fences.

BQ: Sure

• 9 years ago

UNDER! Hes playing in a Division with Superb pitching.

These over/unders are awesome!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Slightly under, and over 35.

BQ: Sure

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Under

I expect around 30

• D. P.
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Hell no! with his below .250 average... I don't think he's going to be in the line up that long. He strikes out a heck of a lot too. He doesn't have Longoria to hit imfront of him.

• 9 years ago

hmm let's see the guy's played 7 full seasons now and hit more than 40 home runs once

boy this is tough

(no it isn't)

• 9 years ago

Over. Wrigley is a small park.

BQ: You should do a few a day.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

30-35, and yes

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.