andi w asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 9 years ago

How do I put on make up for everyday life?

Well I just want to start wearing make up and i do hav acne on my forehead but its going away thankfully so i just want to know:)Here is the most recent picture of me

http://s1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa402/blondie1...

Favorite Answer

Here are a few makeup tips for you!

*Pressed Powder Foundation

Using a cotton wool ball, press down and swirl gently in the powder container and then press the cotton wool ball on areas on your face. This helps it to stay on longer!

*Liquid foundation

With all foundations, make sure you have the right colour for your skin tone.

If you want a thick, even coverage then apply the foundation to your face using a cosmetic sponge.

For an easier but thinner coverage, use your fingertips to blend into your face.

*Mousse foundation

Applying with your fingertips is the best way. Did you know that mousse foundation is actually powder?

*Liquid Concealer

Apply dots under your eyes in a crescent-moon shape and dab using the tip of your middle finger. Don't rub - this wipes the concealer off!

*Blusher

Smile! Apply a small amount onto a blusher brush and blend onto your apples in a circular motion.

Another way of applying it so that it doesn't look so dramatic is to dab on TINY amounts using your finger and rub in circular motions to blend.

*Eyeliner

Use a white eyeliner on your bottom waterline to make your eyes appear bigger.

Using any other colour eyeliner you like, apply just underneath your bottom lashes. Then roll a cotton bud (or q tip I think they're called in America, idk) gently into some petroleum jelly (vaseline) and use it to smudge and blend your eyeliner in. Same technique can be used for applying eyeliner on your eyelids.

*Mascara

ALWAYS use an eyelash curler BEFORE applying mascara. When applying, apply in a zigzag motion. This helps to coat all the lashes. Remember to use an eyelash brush inbetween coats to make your lashes appear more natural.

*Lips

The key is to exfoliate! Roll a cotton bud in some petroleum jelly (like with the eyeliner!), then roll it in some sugar and swirl gently on your lips for 30 seconds, then wash that off and apply petroleum jelly to your lips.

Hope you found these helpful! :)♥

You have great blue eye!

I have struggled with acne for forever, i cover it up pimples with a covergirl liquid concealer. After doing so for a light all over coverage this is one of my faves,http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P19... although im sure something similar can be found for cheaper. I like this product because its blends well and covers well.

Remember to start of your makeup with a clean and moisturized face as well. Also ease into it slowly and don't be afraid to play around.

To make your pretty blue eyes pop use a grey eyeliner on the top and bottom eyelid and smudge to make the line appear softer which is better when first starting to wear makeup. And apply mascara on top and bottom in a grey black.

An option for eyes as well is by highlight, put a shimmery white shadow in the corner of your eyes and it will make you look awake and really show of your eyes.

For lips just a tinted Chapstick with keep your lips healthy and glowing.

Remember not to cake on the makeup as it is there to inhance your beauty not to hide it.

First off, cute pic :) and I totally have the exact same colour and shaped eyes as you! :) actually, I look almost exactly like you, but I just died my hair a really dark brown with a bit of red in it... :D

Since we look pretty similar, I guess I'll take you through what I do every day :)

-First I wash and tone and moisturize my face (boring but ya gotta do it)

-then I take my concealer (I have MAC selective cover up in NW20) and I mix a little bit on the back of my hand with just a squirt of moisturizer so it's not too heavy and won't cake up or sink into pores

-I put it were ever I need it (around my nose, under my eyes, and on any blemishes). I like to use a brush (I find MAC has the best brushes [try 224 for concealer], but you can find some really good ones at like Wal-Mart) and be sure to blend it in as much as you possibly can. Don't bother putting it all over your face if you don't need it, it just makes you look like you're wearing a ton of make up.

-use a pressed powder all over (I like to use MAC studio Fix with a kabuki brush, but I know Covergirl has some really good powders [and they smell really good!])

-I like to use a light, sparkly eyeshadow (I'm using NARS Fathom and Sephora professionnel 14 [smudge] to apply)

-I live off of eyeliner! First I line my top lashline (first I use MAC Penultimate liquid pen eyeliner [Marcelle has a really good pen eyeliner] in rapidblack, then go over it with a pencil eyeliner [MAC eye pencil in Ebony or Givenchy Magic Kohl 1 [available at Sephora]), then I do my water line (use the pencil eyeliner for that, never liquid!). Then I set it all with a black eyeshadow and an eyeliner brush (I use MAC Nehru matte eyeshadow and MAC 212 brush. [The L'oreal HIP duo's are very highly pigmented and are just like MAC!]

-Then I always curl my eyelashes and use mascara (right now I'm using Diorshow, but Covergirl lash blast has some great reviews)

-Then to top it all off, I like to use a cute shimmery lipgloss (MAC Dazzleglass in Steppin' Out)

:)

I tried to give you some drugstore brands, cuz I use a lot of MAC and it's pretty expensive... I'm only 15 so I had to save up for all of it for like EVER! Haha now I have boxes filled with make up from MAC and Sephora :D

Hope this helped!!! (L)

-

Source(s): Me and my giant make up bag :)
  • Yes, on You Tube you can find al lot of videos about make up, for any situations ^^

Some girls (or makeup artists) teach very well "rules of make up", so go on You Tube and have fun to watch and learn!

there are a lot of makeup tutorials on youtube~

my favorites are:

bubzbeauty

MichellePhan

jungsaemmool

cl2425

fuzkittie

Good luck! and hope this helps~ :)

Source(s): me :)