Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetProgramming & Design · 9 years ago

Need help building a computer please?

All right, so heres the deal. I want to build a computer for about 500$. Obviously these components need some revisions if this is to be true. So please let me knoe if you have any suggestions about building this thing as cheap as possible while sacrificing as little quality as possible.

ASUS M4A88TD-M/USB3 AM3 AMD 880G HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard 105$

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor BX80570E8400 170$

GeIL Value PLUS 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model GVP38GB1600C9DC 100$

Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.5 inch Bulk/OEM Desktop Hard Drive HD103SJ 55$

SAPPHIRE 100315L Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity 170$

ASUS Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM 17$

SeaSonic S12II 620 Bronze 620W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply 70$

NZXT TEMPEST EVO Crafted Series TEVO-001BK Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 90$

Zalman Performa Cpu Cooler 40$

PS DO NOT tell me to build a pc for 1000 dollars! If you have non crazy recomendations about what works better and such then go ahead.

PSS btw im planning on usg this for gaming in case you havent figured that out.

Thank you.

these are the system requirements that i neeed to meet to play mass effect 2: Core 2 duo e6700 2.66GHz intel processor

Amd processor Athlon 64 x2 dual core 4800+

Radeon hd 2900 XT 512 MB

2gb ram

direct x 9

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Ralph
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

That is an AMD motherboard. You can not use an Intel CPU. I am confused as to which one you are using because you list both. Hope this helps. Good Luck.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

There's one thing you got wrong and that is the motherboard. Since you're buying the Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, you need to buy the intel motherboard by any brands, not AM3 or AMD motherboard. Unfortunately, it's getting harder to find Core 2 Duo motherboard as opposed to Core I5 or I7 motherboard today because it's been discontinued by most manufacturers since they're older motherboard. However, they are still on the internet. You can google and do a research for " Core 2 Duo Motherboard." And when you find it in the search result, check to find one that uses that processor and the cheapest and the most you can afford.

Another problem is that you're buying DDR3 PC1600 RAM. This is not possible on older motherboard including the Core 2 Duo's motherboard, it would only work on newer motherboard accepting DDR3 such as Core I5 and I7 motherboards. The Core 2 motherboard only accepts DDR2 up to 800mhz depending on the motherboard. You should check for specification regarding the motherboard you're looking at.

I hope this helps.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Wow, you really thought this thing out. Do you have a compusa or tigerdirect near? I bet you can get most of it there. I would put more than 2 GB of RAM in it though. $500 is cutting it really close for something as powerful as you're looking for, but compusa does have great deals on individual parts.

• 9 years ago

Sounds good. Havant checked if all is compatible but you should defiantly use 4GB

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.