How would Europe change if England had won the Hundred Years War?

If there had been NO joan of arc to rally france and france became part of england, how different would europe be today?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

If the English had gained everything they wanted in the Hundred Years' War, they would have become simultaneously kings of England and France. That would not have made France part of England, it would mean that the same dynasty would have held both kingdoms simultaneously. It would have been similar to the Habsurg Empire in the sixteenth century, when someone like Charles V was King of Spain and Holy Roman Emperor in Germany.

The question then would be how long this union of the crowns would have lasted. In the Habsburg case, the different holdings of the dynasty were split between different branches of the family almost immediately. England broke down into the Wars of the Roses between the Lancastrian and Yorkist branches of the royal family right after the conclusion of the Hundred Years' War, so it seems doubtful that you would have had a permanent union of France and England -- Perhaps one side of the family would wind up with each kingdom - a Lancastrian dynasty in France and a Yorkist dynasty in England or something by 1500. That could have had some influence on the direction of early modern international relations, but I doubt it would have made the world a significantly different

place in the long run.

• Login to reply the answers
  • dotto
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

i'm curious to carry close what grade you're in. when you're in contact about this with suggestions out of your own volition then that is astonishing, notwithstanding once you've one in all of your mom and pa whispering on your ear, then they don't look doing you any extra effective than your instructor is. some diverse concerns that i'm in contact about is the context in which your instructor is utilising this fabrics? Is he sticking to the curriculum and is this cloth getting used to assist a lesson or is he quite taking position a screed? As a historic previous instructor myself i'm no longer too prepared on English academics crowding my turf. Im no longer attempting to coach my youthful little ones about earlier participles, adjectives and nouns, you shouldnt be practise the Vietnam conflict on your English type. slightly historic previous is suitable, notwithstanding Zinn is also slightly too heavy for what your instructor is proceeding. Its like bringing a Gatling Gun to a Knife conflict, particular its going to get the pastime executed, notwithstanding there's a a lot extra subtle technique of going about it. Howard Zinn is a very respected historian, his guides are genuinely vetted with suggestions from way of the tutorial community. Its now no longer as if he's pulling this stuff out of the air and fabricating fabrics like Ward Churchill replaced into. Zinn may be very objective, thats why he's gazing at both aspect of historic previous. you want to keep in mind youthful padawan that the victor or the hegemon continually finally ends up writing the historic previous. there replaced into a great deal of whitewashing finished with historic previous, Zinn in basic terms brings issues back into factor of view. Alot of colleges use the e-e book to assist their historic previous curriculum, truly on the school degree. formerly you commence screaming tutorial freedom and talk to David Horowitz the media and your college board, bear in mind speaking on your instructor one on one first and explaining a number of your reservations, if that doesnt artwork, flow on your major.

• 9 years ago

You people on here seem to confuse the English and the British. Nobody in Great Britain gives a flying toss about what the French do now or did in the past.

• 9 years ago

By far the worlds biggest superpower,population,resources. Only because America would not exist and many European countries.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

alot less people would smoke. and hopefully there would be less mimes!!!!

Source(s): my wonderful brain!
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.