I need a description of how Moaning Myrtle died?

When it said that she was crying in the stall and supposedly takes off her glassesand dies, what were the yellow eyes? I know it was a basilisk's eyes, but it seems that she had something else in mind. I might be confused, but I really need some help. I forget all of this!! Lol

Also, who is the boy talking in Parstletongue? So basically, could u explain the whole thing for me! Thanks!

• dgrhm
    Favorite Answer

In Chamber of Secrets, it is established that the character is the ghost of a Muggle-born witch who died while a student at Hogwarts, fifty years before the events in the book. It is revealed that Myrtle was hiding in the second floor girls' lavatory to elude Olive Hornby, a classmate of hers who perpetually tormented her about her glasses, when the Chamber of Secrets was opened and the basilisk emerged and killed her. Tom Riddle used her death to create his second Horcrux: his diary.[5] After death, Myrtle haunted Olive everywhere she went, until Olive complained to the Ministry of Magic, which ordered Myrtle to return to Hogwarts. Ever since then, Myrtle has sulkily haunted the same lavatory where she died.

It was the basilisk that killed her, she looked directly in it's eyes which killed her. And the boy speaking Parseltounge is Tom Riddle.