Why are most muslim converts women?

It's a known fact that most muslim converts are women. But why are women attracted to Islam? Isn't Islam oppressive on women? Women have to cover up. Women can only sleep with their husband. Women can't go out parties and etc without her father or husband. What is so attractive with Islam for these women?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • DS M
    Lv 6
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Children.

***Islamic fundamentalism establishes its thesis on the differences between the sexes and the conclusion that the male is superior, and hence, the female is a slave at his service....From the fundamentalist mullahs’ perspective, sexual vice and virtue are the principal criteria for evaluation of women. The most ignoble and unforgivable of all sins is sexual wrongdoing. Piety, chastity and decency are measured by sex-related yardsticks, and seldom applied to political and social realms. Fundamentalism conceives of woman as sinister and satanic; she is the embodiment of sin and seduction. She must not step beyond her house, lest her presence in society breed sin. She must stay at home, serving her husband’s carnal desires; if she fails to comply, she is compelling her man to commit sin outside the home.*** http://www.uri.edu/artsci/wms/hughes/mhviran.htm

why any woman would want to marry into this, I don't know.

***Families that kill for honor will threaten girls and women if they refuse to cover their hair, their faces, or their bodies or act as their family's domestic servant; wear makeup or Western clothing; choose friends from another religion; date; seek to obtain an advanced education; refuse an arranged marriage; seek a divorce from a violent husband; marry against their parents' wishes; or behave in ways that are considered too independent, which might mean anything from driving a car to spending time or living away from home or family. Fundamentalists of many religions may expect their women to meet some but not all of these expectations. But when women refuse to do so, Jews, Christians, and Buddhists are far more likely to shun rather than murder them. Muslims, however, do kill for honor*** http://www.meforum.org/2067/are-honor-killings-sim...

So in a culture where the man can marry as many women as he wants....sure, the Quran forbids but when has that stopped anyone rich and powerful? Check out the harems of the Ottoman empire.

But

***African Slavery Exists in Saudi Arabia

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5725244/a...

Saudi Arabia officially passed a law in 1962 to try to abolish slavery, but it isn't really enforced. The Saudi's continue to currently own African slaves and use them as house servants,

sexual servants and field workers.***

That which is unimaginable to western women is that he will go home to his mommy and let her run his harem.

So she invests everything in him. He invests nothing in her. She might have to compete with a 4th, 5th, or 6th girl/wife for his affections.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms8tnn8klF8

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BRzhB1BjKQ

Youtube thumbnail

&NR=1

So if there are kids and he can kidnap them and take them back home where Sharia law says she has no rights as a mother or wife...

Understand that convertion is just one more way she can give to him and not expect anything in return.

Edit

Go Texas, please show us the science behind the believe women are inferior to men in intelligence or how the Quran prevents women from driving in Saudi

• Login to reply the answers
  • Éilis
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Because when a woman marries an Islamic man she is expected to become a Muslim too and I doubt many Muslim women marry men who aren't Islamic.

• sweetie5 years agoReport

i am just glad i am not interrested in a muslim at all. i am a submissive but its my choice and only will be submissive to one guy.but then i still have my freedom wear what i like,going out ,working etc.

• 9 years ago

I have never met a male convert. I have heard of them, but never seen one. The reason seems to be marriage.

BTW: women can only sleep with their husband. This is a universal thing. The vast majority of marriages are like this. I, myself subscribe to that, 100%.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Please sister, tell me what is oppressive about cover up??? did you know that even men have to cover up parts if his body??? Islam is a religion of peace, love and brotherhood. and by the way. And who told that men can go to parties in Islam?? actually, parties are not forbidden but because their is a lot of "fisq" (forbidden things like alchool, sex, etc...)

If you whold like to know more about Islam or just chat about it i would be delighted to talk with on

sonic1492@hotmail.fr

i do not see islam as a religion its more a cult. there is no peace,love.its more about killing,raping woman and killing them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Some women like to be oppressed and controlled.

Apparently they also don't live in Islamic countries -

otherwise, they would know just how rotten those

females are treated.

Here's some proof of that oppression...

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&biw=1280&bih=68...

@ Nur-el-Masih Ben Haq - I know many atheists. None of them are drug and alcohol addicts. Your nasty insults are lies and you should take a really good look at yourself and your ilk - see what Muslims do to women in Islamic countries. You ALL should be ashamed of yourselves for letting that kind of behavior continue in this day and age.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Those considering becoming Muslim need prayers, for example, the holy rosary. The rosary is God's preferred means for converting people to Christianity.

http://www.medjugorje.org/rosary.htm

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Most of the women are the ugly biatches and social losers....

Nobody cares about those women

i think they need to cover up so noone can see their bruises broken teeth etc

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Simple. Islam is the truth and beautiful.

maybe only beautiful to cowerds and ansecur boys. not adress the guys as a Man. for me a REAL Man takes care of his woman,loves here.islam is just for brutality beating up their wives,raping girls etc.islam is a cult ,that socalled alah must have 2 horns

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Battered wife syndrome.

Look it up.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.