Is a classic muscle car a good choice for daily driver, such as a chevelle?

I love old muscle cars i have always wanted one forever. I would like a 68-72 chevelle. is the a reachable goal? I have 12-16 thousand dollars to spend. I would like a chevelle. If you own one could you plaese tell me how great they are or how often they break down and how much is needed to keep them a daily... show more I love old muscle cars i have always wanted one forever.
I would like a 68-72 chevelle. is the a reachable goal?
I have 12-16 thousand dollars to spend. I would like a chevelle.
If you own one could you plaese tell me how great they are or how often they break down and how much is needed to keep them a daily driver?
if this idea of driving a classic muscle car is not possible what type of car would satisfy my love for classic muscle?
if i did get a chevelle is it worth buying a true ss or should i get a cloned ss because they are cheaper?
4 speed or automatic?
and how high would the insurance be for an 18 year old in new jersey driving a chevelle.
please put in your comment if you have or had a chevelle so i can see who has had actual experince with one of these treasures.

Thank You
Update: I was planning on using my 95 chevy 1500 work truck during the winter because i no how bad the salt effects these cars to get a nice daily driver how much would i need im not looking for a show car just something i can enjoy and wont have it in the shop every other week i dont plan on driving in bad weather i... show more I was planning on using my 95 chevy 1500 work truck during the winter because i no how bad the salt effects these cars
to get a nice daily driver how much would i need
im not looking for a show car just something i can enjoy and wont have it in the shop every other week
i dont plan on driving in bad weather
i want to keep it as a nice car for a long time
i plan to take good care of it