Are blondes really dumb?

I used to think that it was made up by ignorant people but now that I noticed 95% of the blondes I know are so clumsy and dumb and I'm not talking about 5 or 10 I'm talking a lot like 30-50 people I know and they are natural blonde.

I'm sorry if I offended someone.

Best Answer

I feel that once upon a time there was a blond girl or a few of them and they were all clumsy and dumb. So that's where the stereo type started from. So now a few blonds you see might act dumb, or clumsy, or even slutty because they feel that, that is the low expectation they have to live up to and be like. So many blondes may not be stupid but because of the stereotype they feel they are expected to act like that. They feel that being clumsy for blondes is normal which gives them more reason not to fix it.

And so when you say that YOU notice that they actually ARE dumb, it's only because of the stereotype. If I told you one that all Native American's have a small mole on their chin and I showed you a few of them that do, you would believe me. So then the next time you see a Native American, you would look for the mole and either imagine it or find something so minute that could be on ANYONE'S chin.

So if you trust someone or have high expectations for them, you believe what they say (I'm not calling you dumb or anything like that, though- it's completely normal).

That's my opinion. Honestly, that's what I think.

Source(s): A little bit of deep thinking.

No, hair color does not make you dumb or smart..

Also, most "blondes" aren't blondes, they're fake blondes. Only 2% of the world population are natural yellow shades/blondes, making them almost as rare as red heads.

My best friend is a blonde and is very intelligent, Straight A student and just got into a really hard college to get into. "Dumb blondes" are a stereo-type and you can thank the media and films for that one. Most movies or TV shows make the blonde the dumb one because of the stereo-type. Most blondes put on an act thinking it's "cute" but normally, the natural blondes don't because they're sick of the bad rep they get already. So most likely the dumb blondes you know aren't natural blondes, meaning no blondes are not stupid. Or the people you know aren't the brightest people in the world..

NO blondes are not stupid.

First things first, i'm not blonde, and i only personaly know 3 natural blonde people: My half sister her father and her grandmother. My father is very inteligent and my sister is and has always been the best student at her class.

You may think them stupid but those are probably fake blondes, if you walk on the street you might see almost as much blondes as brunetes well in fact only around 10% of the "blondes# are actualy blondes the rest is fake (If you are in Europe or US because if you are on Africa, Asia, Australia, or South America the number are around 5-1% and if you are on North/Eastern europe the number would be more like 60-40%)

All i know is that only 2% of yhe world population is naturaly blonde.

So the dumb blondes are USUALY the fake blondes not the natural (natural are USUALY smart) because they are stupid enought to think that will become more beautifull if they become blonde, everyone is prety the way they are! dont change.

Source(s): Comon sense

Yep, every single one of them. In fact, most blond jokes are actually true stories! XD. Ha ha but no really it's not related at all. The fact that most blondes you know are dumb, probably just a coincidence. Its a stupid stereotype. I actually have some close blond friends who are really smart! Its fun in joking, if the person is not offended. I joke with my blonde friends all the time and they don't mind, and they even laugh at a lot of the jokes. But blondes are definitely not all dumb.

No. I graduated with a 3.6 GPA. I'm often told how intelligent and mature I am for my age. I'm a natural blonde. Its a stereotype. However, I have met some really dumb blondes myself, but most of them were not 'natural'.

• Nicole

a lot of blondes just act dumb like Paris Hilton whos really smart if you watched her mtv documentary she puts on a front and talks in a baby voice so ppl will underestimate her... I mean do you really think she'd be able to run a business if she was stupid

HA no its just a sterio-type i mean there may be some truth in the sterio-types but my siblings all being blonde are quite briliant ppl well my oldest brother and middle sister kinda fit the stereo-type at times but no the color of there hair doesn't dictate whether or not there dumb

Hair color has nothing to do with intelligence. Hillary Clinton is a blonde and she is brilliant. She is the Secretary of state.

I am a blonde and I have a Ph.D. in history.

i think there are definately some dumb blondes out there. there are also dumb brunettes and redhads though.

I have found that many perxoide blondes are dumb.