Need advice about mortgage lender?

I already got quotes for a mortgage from a commercial bank broker that has 1% origination fee. His fees seem reasonable. He said closing costs will typically be 3.5% of loan amount. But I noticed on worksheet of loan fees he gave us that the loan is being sold to a wholesale lender that he works directly with. The... show more I already got quotes for a mortgage from a commercial bank broker that has 1% origination fee. His fees seem reasonable. He said closing costs will typically be 3.5% of loan amount. But I noticed on worksheet of loan fees he gave us that the loan is being sold to a wholesale lender that he works directly with. The origination fees he quoted us was a 1% fee for his services, and a 1% fee for the wholesale lender to process our loan. Is this ok? Our realtor thinks we should shop around elsewhere and see what other quotes we can get? Realtor is not liking our bank choice because the loan officer that we are dealing with at this commercial bank did not supply a cell phone number or have any way of contacting him other than during office hours which they close at noon on Wednesdays. I tried to do some research of the bank online but am not finding much information and can't seem to find reviews. All I noticed was that the bank was bought out by another bank in Georgia back in 2006. We are located in Alabama but are not from here so we are not too familiar with what are the popular banks in Alabama for mortgages. I have tried finding reviews or by asking friends in the area about this bank we are dealing with but no one seems to know anything about it. Just not sure if I should just go through a larger bank such as Regions or Wells Fargo? My work friends have mortgages through Regions so maybe we should get quote through them? We are trying to get a Fannie Mae homepath loan by the way.
Update: Husband I are getting first mortgage so that is why we are unsure of our lender choice.