Rodney asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 9 years ago

Should I pick up Marcin Gortat and drop Javale McGee?

I'm in an 8-team H2H league, and have the opportunity to pick up Marcin Gortat. Lately he's been on fire and Javale McGee hasn't coming back from the flu and off the bench. I've read that Trevor Booker's going to start for quite some time and that might not be good for McGee. I could use another productive big guy in the long run and I don't want to pass up an opportunity. Then again, McGee could start again and get his numbers back up while Gortat goes back to being unproductive. What do you guys think?

BTW, here's my team:

Chris Paul (PG)

Monta Ellis (PG/SG)

Kevin Martin (SG)

Jason Kid (PG)

Jason Richardson (SG/SF)

Elton Brand (PF/C)

Carlos Boozer (PF/C)

Tyson Chandler (C)

Andray Blatche (PF/C)

Tim Duncan (PF/C)

DJ Augustin (PG)

Baron Davis (PG)

Javale McGee (PF/C)

Favorite Answer

I would switch to Gortat in a heart beat. He is going to give you atleast 12-15 points a night and well above 8 boards a game. He also can give you a block or 2 a night. Decent FT shooter as well. I would go for it.

Source(s): Knowledge yo
  • Greg

I like McGee but he hasn't produced like I thought he would. You have a good team and I wouldn't have any problem switch Gortat for McGee in your case. Gortat has been stepping up his game and Lopez hasn't given any reason to keep starting and getting minutes, imo. I'd go with Gortat.