My Daughter is singing in Spanish and I can't figure out a couple of the words...?

My daughter is learning Spanish at her preschool (which I think is AWESOME) and came home singing "Where is Thumbkin" in Spanish. The first line she sings sounds like "Lafa niña. Lafa niña." And I cannot figure out what that is supposed to be. Any thoughts? I would really like to know what she is saying and help her pronounce the words correctly.

Thanks

I know that niña is girl, however I didn't know if maybe she was saying a different word with those sounds (la faniña? I don't know) as I know very little Spanish myself.

This is what she is singing, maybe it is a different song? But it seems similar, and she does it with the "Where is Thumbkin" hand motions.

"La fa niña. La fa niña.

¿dónde estás?

Aquí estoy

¿Cómo está usted?

Muy bien gracias

Ya me voy

Yo tambien."

Favorite Answer

Did the rest of the words sound like the translation for Thumbkin? Or is she making the finger movements as she sings? I only ask because preschool is famous for making up random songs to the same sounds as popular/known songs (today my son was singing about groundhogs to the tune of I'm a Little Teapot). So, perhaps she is singing different words? Just an idea since those words don't seem to go along with Thumbkin...

Pulgarcito, pulgarcito

(Where is Thumbkin? Where is Thumbkin?)

¿Dónde está?

(Here I am)

Aquí estoy

(Here I am)

¿Cómo está usted?

(How are you today, sir?)

Muy bien gracias

(Very well, thank you)

Ya me voy

(Now I’m gone)

Ya me voy

(Now I’m gone)

^^^^ that is the translation ... i dont see any lafa nina in there . ( sorry , dont know how to put accent marks .) and im in spanish currently , and nina is a girl child .

• fadri

Where Is Thumbkin Lyrics