Who is responsible for upkeep and maintenance on utility easements?

There is a utility easement that stretches along the back of our property from one end of our subdivision to the next. I'm not sure if it's considered our land or not since we never received any information about the easement during the closing of our house (we're first time homeowners). I'm... show more There is a utility easement that stretches along the back of our property from one end of our subdivision to the next. I'm not sure if it's considered our land or not since we never received any information about the easement during the closing of our house (we're first time homeowners). I'm wondering who is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of this easement. There are several trees that have fallen over in the recent storms and I'm not sure if we are responsible for removing them or if it's the job of the association or the city. Who can we go to to find out about the easement and who's property it actually falls on? Any advice is appreciated.