brook asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 9 years ago

What should I do with my hair and makeup?

http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/af48/brooklynnj...

Please. Help. I have been trying to figure out for a while and I just wanted to get some advise. My hair is usualy puffy and I dont really want to straighten it anymore. Well just help and tell me what I should do with my hair and makeup. Thank you! :)

Favorite Answer

Here are a few makeup tips for you!

*Pressed Powder Foundation

Using a cotton wool ball, press down and swirl gently in the powder container and then press the cotton wool ball on areas on your face. This helps it to stay on longer!

*Liquid foundation

With all foundations, make sure you have the right colour for your skin tone.

If you want a thick, even coverage then apply the foundation to your face using a cosmetic sponge.

For an easier but thinner coverage, use your fingertips to blend into your face.

*Mousse foundation

Applying with your fingertips is the best way. Did you know that mousse foundation is actually powder?

*Liquid Concealer

Apply dots under your eyes in a crescent-moon shape and dab using the tip of your middle finger. Don't rub - this wipes the concealer off!

*Blusher

Smile! Apply a small amount onto a blusher brush and blend onto your apples in a circular motion.

Another way of applying it so that it doesn't look so dramatic is to dab on TINY amounts using your finger and rub in circular motions to blend.

*Eyeliner

Use a white eyeliner on your bottom waterline to make your eyes appear bigger.

Using any other colour eyeliner you like, apply just underneath your bottom lashes. Then roll a cotton bud (or q tip I think they're called in America, idk) gently into some petroleum jelly (vaseline) and use it to smudge and blend your eyeliner in. Same technique can be used for applying eyeliner on your eyelids.

*Mascara

ALWAYS use an eyelash curler BEFORE applying mascara. When applying, apply in a zigzag motion. This helps to coat all the lashes. Remember to use an eyelash brush inbetween coats to make your lashes appear more natural.

*Lips

The key is to exfoliate! Roll a cotton bud in some petroleum jelly (like with the eyeliner!), then roll it in some sugar and swirl gently on your lips for 30 seconds, then wash that off and apply petroleum jelly to your lips.

Hope you found these helpful! :)♥

Use a smoothing serum on your hair when it's wet then blow dry it, using a brush and blow dryer. I think some Taylor Swift waves would look cute on you. So, just wrap generous sections of hair around the barrel of a curling iron. Then spray with a light-hold hair spray so it won't frizz.

Makeup- I'm going to suggest a natural look, because your young and you really don't need much makeup.

Use foundation! Go to a store like Sephora and ask for a color-match. They will find the perfect shade for you. Apply the foundation all over your face, so you have a completely even tone. Then use a concealer (I recommend Smashbox) under your eyes and in any dark areas of your face. Use a brown or black eyeliner on your top lid only. Then smudge it into the lashline. I can't really tell what eye color you have so pick a color opposite your eye color from the color wheel and use that. Then use a black mascara on your top lashes. Finish it off with a light pink gloss.

Hope this helps!

You remind me of Macy from Teen Mom in that last picture. :)

Anyways, maybe try curling your hair? Or putting beachy waves in it. Add some mousse or root booster to give it some volume at the top if you want. And for make up, try playing around with different eye shadows, eyeliners, and mascaras. Personally I'm not a fan of eye shadow, mainly because I'm not that good at applying it but putting eyeliner on your upper lids and getting a mascara that makes your lashes long and full looking really makes a difference.

Blowdrying or using a smoothing serum helps. I recomend Garnier Fruitis leave-in conditioner; it makes hair soft and adds major smoothness. With this, you dont have to straighten your entire head, just trouble spots and kinks.

With your makeup, just go for a light, natural look. your skin looks naturally glowy, so blush and foundation isn't needed on a regular basis. Put concealer on trouble spots and dust on a translucent powder. for eyes, put a light brown on your lids and a shimery brown on your outer corners. curl your lashes and add mascara. You can find these products with spf and natural ingredients at physicians formula. Good luck!