Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 9 years ago

Why don't I look good when I have makeup on?

I'm really interested in makeup & practice at times but whenever I wear them it looks weird. idk my eyes look smaller (only put liner on top), my cheek looks bigger, etc. I have a pretty low self esteem so I thought makeup could maybe boost my confidence a little so I applied some of my mom's makeup but to me I don't think it makes me look beautiful.

I could just apply foundation & concealer but after I do that, my eyes looks like they're washed out (does that make sense??) they don't pop=(( with or without makeup I'm still cautious when I go out.

I watch beauty gurus on Youtube & I practice some looks they show but I think it looks horrible on me but they look really nice.

Do any one else feel like this?? or is it just me??

Favorite Answer

Here are a few makeup tips for you!

*Pressed Powder Foundation

Using a cotton wool ball, press down and swirl gently in the powder container and then press the cotton wool ball on areas on your face. This helps it to stay on longer!

*Liquid foundation

With all foundations, make sure you have the right colour for your skin tone.

If you want a thick, even coverage then apply the foundation to your face using a cosmetic sponge.

For an easier but thinner coverage, use your fingertips to blend into your face.

*Mousse foundation

Applying with your fingertips is the best way. Did you know that mousse foundation is actually powder?

*Liquid Concealer

Apply dots under your eyes in a crescent-moon shape and dab using the tip of your middle finger. Don't rub - this wipes the concealer off!

*Blusher

Smile! Apply a small amount onto a blusher brush and blend onto your apples in a circular motion.

Another way of applying it so that it doesn't look so dramatic is to dab on TINY amounts using your finger and rub in circular motions to blend.

*Eyeliner

Use a white eyeliner on your bottom waterline to make your eyes appear bigger.

Using any other colour eyeliner you like, apply just underneath your bottom lashes. Then roll a cotton bud (or q tip I think they're called in America, idk) gently into some petroleum jelly (vaseline) and use it to smudge and blend your eyeliner in. Same technique can be used for applying eyeliner on your eyelids.

*Mascara

ALWAYS use an eyelash curler BEFORE applying mascara. When applying, apply in a zigzag motion. This helps to coat all the lashes. Remember to use an eyelash brush inbetween coats to make your lashes appear more natural.

*Lips

The key is to exfoliate! Roll a cotton bud in some petroleum jelly (like with the eyeliner!), then roll it in some sugar and swirl gently on your lips for 30 seconds, then wash that off and apply petroleum jelly to your lips.

Hope you found these helpful! :)♥

I feel the same way when I ear a lot of makeup. So don't.

Try this: buy a white eyeliner, a mascara of your choice (black or brown, if you are fair skinned and blonde choose brown, brunette or not fair skinned you can go with black or if you want, brown [brown is a lower impact]) AND an eyeshadow trio (covergirl shimmering sands as a suggestion but any variation will do). You may also want a concealer but its up to you.

To start:

1. (optional) place a light shimmery colour on only your eyelid. Do not go all the way up to the eyebrow.

2. Apply some white eyeliner to your waterline and to your tear duct. Blend the eyeliner on the tear duct a bit so its less obvious.

3. Curl eyelashes and apply mascara to top and bottom.

This is a nice natural look. If you don't like the shadow, don't apply it. You can also try applying concealor to the eyelids (before applying eyeshadow) and under eyes to brighten tired eyes.

As far as face makeup goes, I find it difficult to wear because of all of the time it takes to apply and the fact that it doesn't even last all day for me.

Just take time to wash your face and take good care of your skin so you don't need to wear foundation in the first place.

Makeup techniques are different for each girl. If you have smaller eyes, dont use liner. It only makes your eyes look even smaller.

You need to find a color that goes with your eye color to make your eyes pop.

You can always go to Sephora and get a free makeup makeover, they can help you find makeup and colors that work for you

you are not the only one that feels that way.

its just that people dont look good at all with makeup.

that happens to me, i have hazel eyes and when i put even eyeliner, i look like a total prostitue!!!

ALL of my friend think i look great witout so much makeup.

just use a llil of mascara, powder and sum lipgloss.

try really neautral colors and peach blush.

or maybe you are not using the right makeup techniques on you :)

you cant always follow gurus on youtube because everyones different. you need to develop your own taste of makeup and see what looks good on u. trust me at first when i started to it didnt look great u just need practice

try putting less on and see if there is a difference

because ur natural beauty is showing up :) !

Source(s): mee

Sometimes less is more.