Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 9 years ago

Makeup and hair ideas?!?

Makeup ideas for a formal school dance? Opinions pleasee!?

So, my school is having a dance and it is a formal event. I have long blonde hair, and somewhat pale skin, bright blue eyes, and 6 feet tall. My dress is like, half & half. Its strapless and the top part of the dress where my chest is, is like an off white cream color. Then the lower half of the dress is black. Its form fitting and I was wondering if anyone could help me or provide me with any hair and makeup ideas? Using all drugstore items if you can! That would be awesome. Hope to hear some opinions! Thanks! :)

Best Answer

Here are a few makeup tips for you!

*Pressed Powder Foundation

Using a cotton wool ball, press down and swirl gently in the powder container and then press the cotton wool ball on areas on your face. This helps it to stay on longer!

*Liquid foundation

With all foundations, make sure you have the right colour for your skin tone.

If you want a thick, even coverage then apply the foundation to your face using a cosmetic sponge.

For an easier but thinner coverage, use your fingertips to blend into your face.

*Mousse foundation

Applying with your fingertips is the best way. Did you know that mousse foundation is actually powder?

*Liquid Concealer

Apply dots under your eyes in a crescent-moon shape and dab using the tip of your middle finger. Don't rub - this wipes the concealer off!

*Blusher

Smile! Apply a small amount onto a blusher brush and blend onto your apples in a circular motion.

Another way of applying it so that it doesn't look so dramatic is to dab on TINY amounts using your finger and rub in circular motions to blend.

*Eyeliner

Use a white eyeliner on your bottom waterline to make your eyes appear bigger.

Using any other colour eyeliner you like, apply just underneath your bottom lashes. Then roll a cotton bud (or q tip I think they're called in America, idk) gently into some petroleum jelly (vaseline) and use it to smudge and blend your eyeliner in. Same technique can be used for applying eyeliner on your eyelids.

*Mascara

ALWAYS use an eyelash curler BEFORE applying mascara. When applying, apply in a zigzag motion. This helps to coat all the lashes. Remember to use an eyelash brush inbetween coats to make your lashes appear more natural.

*Lips

The key is to exfoliate! Roll a cotton bud in some petroleum jelly (like with the eyeliner!), then roll it in some sugar and swirl gently on your lips for 30 seconds, then wash that off and apply petroleum jelly to your lips.

Hope you found these helpful! :)♥

Get your ideas off some YouTube beauty guru videos almost every one of them have a video about hair and makeup!LoL!I like mechellephan,juicystar07,swisschocolate14,and macbarbie07!;)

check out asksash88 on youtube. she has really cute hair and make up tutorials. hope i helped(: