Olly
Olly asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 10 years ago

Jack Straw to appear before Iraq inquiry again, what are your views on this article?

Favorite Answer

In the late 60's I was a serving soldier based in central London and was given a free ticket for a televised political debate. A very young Jack Straw was in attendance - though not, as far as I remember, one of the 'panel'. He made a remark to the effect that "the trouble with the working class is that they don't know what's good for them". That struck me as being a very arrogant thing to say. I was apolitical at the time but once I had digested this statement I instantly became a conservative voter. And after forty years I don't trust Jack at all!

• robin

no one was to blame according to the enquiry,Blair blames Bush Straw blames Blair ,It is a waste of time and money,nothing will happen and in 20 years time the will all become heroes.

Reminds me of when partisans in Britian attacked disowned Winston Churchill after WWII and him saving the free world.

• Wolfie

Yeah, if we were against the illegal action of regime change then the document should have immediately been shredded!

It's just more lies and 'doublespeak' from the Westminster warmongers!

I think its the last Straw for these people...