Who were some 1960's and 1970's African American Male Singers?

A list of them would be helpful and please add singers who aren't as well known as the obvious Marvin Gaye and Al Green. Please list many if possible. Thank You.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

I grew up in the 60's. Coming from a family of 8 kids, and me right in the middle, I'm sure I can come up with a few rare male singers for you! We all loved music! I will list one song along with the singer.

1 Bobby Lewis Tossin' And Turnin'---2.Johnnie Taylor Who's Makin' Love---3.Barry White Secret Garden-4.Bobby Womack Looking For A Love-5.Ben E. King Stand By Me--6.Bobby Bland Call On Me-

7.Fats Domino Let The Four Winds Blow--8.Sam Cooks Cupid--9.Jerry Butler Only The Strong Survive-

10.Lloyd Price Stagger Lee---11.Tommy Edwards It's All In The Game--12.Gene Chandler Rainbow----

13.Brook Benton It's Just A Matter Of Time--14.Teddy Pendergrass Love T.K.O.---15.Jimmy Ruffin What Becomes Of The Brokenhearted---16.Garland Green Jealous Kind Of Fella--17.Eddie Holland Jamie---18.Morris Day Color Of Success--19.Major Lance The Monkey Time--20.Lee Dorsey Do-Re-Mi

21.Rick James Cold Blooded--22.Lamont Dozier Fish Ain't Bittin--23.Leon Haywood It's Got To Be Mellow---24.Johnny Bristol Hang On In There Baby--25.Billy Stewart Sitting In The Park---26.Jimmy Jones Handy Man--27.Earl Grant At The End Of A Rainbow---28.Percy Sledge Warm & Tender Love--

29.Ray Parker Jr. Jack & Jill---30.Arthur Alexander You Better Move On--

Guess I,ve better move on too!!! Hope I've Helped.

Have Fun

• 3 years ago

American Male Singers

• simon
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

James Brown

Jackie Wilson

Otis Redding

Smokey Robinson

Wilson Pickett

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Who were some 1960's and 1970's African American Male Singers?

A list of them would be helpful and please add singers who aren't as well known as the obvious Marvin Gaye and Al Green. Please list many if possible. Thank You.

Source(s): 1960 39 1970 39 african american male singers: https://biturl.im/5vz4E
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Billie Holiday

• erdahl
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Black Male Singers

• 4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awvwX

Janet Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Donna Summer, Erykah Badu, Diana Ross, and R. Kelly are my all time favourites.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.