Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 9 years ago

why do mothers think its okay to make children drink hotsauce?

Im Not saying all mothers,and parents but this lady ill show you the page she made her adopted son drink hot sauce and made him take a cold shower because he threw pencils at school.

I was just disgusted,He could of had a reaction and stop breathing,so many moms and parents said it was okay everyone is just over reacting.Yeah rightt,shes being charged. what do you think?..

I thaught time out was for being bad no one ever said drinking a bottle of hotsauce :/

http://www.parentdish.com/2011/02/01/drink-hot-sau...

paula: she confessed it,If the child was that bad take him to a program where people can help,and No i dont but i take care of my three nephews,i live with three little boys and I have never made them drink hotsauce for the fact i am not a moron and im not cruel.im a kind hearted person just like the others that have commented ,you sound like you agree maken a 7 yr old drink hot sauce.

if your going to leave nasty comments then dont bother leaving one.

Best Answer

I saw that on Dr.Phil it was horrible and disguisting I couldn't believe a mother could do that and not think it's abuse? She should have gotten put away!

Source(s): Mommy of one
  • jayne

I think it is horrible to use hot sauce as a punishment. What does it teach the child? I believe in natural consequences. The mom in question adopted the little boy from an orphanage in Russia. Of coarse the child is going to have issues! The child had gotten in trouble at school and was afraid to tell the mother about it. (Who can blame him?!) Harsh punishments are NOT going to teach this child good behavior. (Or any child for that matter.) This mom abused her son and had her daughter film the abuse and THEN went on the Dr. Phil show.. I think she wanted to get caught! Let's just hope she AND her children get the help they need.

My fiance is waiting for the day that I ALLOW him to let our daughter try hot sauce....he lives on the stuff....but as far as punishment, I think 2 things. One is that its not really teaching anything, it is a tactic rather than actually sitting the kid down and dealing with it, and the other is that it might give the kid an aversion to spicy food when they are older.....and spicy food is so yummy...I want my kid to enjoy it not think , my mom stuffed hot sauce down my mouth when i was 4 now ill never touch a pepper ever again. Its just not a responsible punishment, its quite mean really, even the sting of a spank goes away in a second, hot sauce lingers....

Source(s): Mommy of a 20 month old
  • Faith

this woman was on Dr. Phil. I saw the show and yes I was shocked.

This lady had some serious problems and Dr. Phil tried to help her. He even said he wasn't letting her leave until he alerted CPS in her area.

why? Some people are bad parents.

Source(s): homeschooling mom of 3

No, i do no longer. My mum and dad the two almost continuously under the impression of alcohol and subsequently did no longer care if I drank or no longer, and so I frequently did as a youthful teenager. (I truthfully won't be able to bear in concepts a time while my father hadn't been ingesting). ingesting at a youthful age grow to be additionally extra socially suited in that society than it particularly is the place we live now. i do no longer think of I won something from the loose reign. I want to no longer drink in any respect now (will do in some situations at social activities, etc. yet do no longer save any alcohol at living house). the main extreme component, for my area, is modelling wholesome ingesting behavior, and not arising a "badass stigma" approximately ingesting. it particularly is actual that worldwide places with greater legal a while, have extra problems with binge ingesting and young human beings, which truthfully isn't a accident. i think of that I do type wholesome ingesting behavior yet i do no longer enable them to drink.

i have 2 kids, and i think this is completely ridiculous. how does one even get from "throwing pencils at school" to drinking hot sauce and a cold shower.....i always thought the punishment should fit the crime, this definitely doesnt. i dont get it. i think she SHOULD be charged.its hard to tell what else she does to him.

My kid would be _thrilled_ if I tried to empty a a bottle of hot sauce down his throat. But no dear, I don't have an explanation as to why crazy sociopaths are crazy sociopaths.

• ?

I have heard of parents using hot sauce as a punishment... not drinking it, like gulping it, but making them put a bit in their mouth...I think it's abusive to do that, but I don't know.

• amsam

i don't agree with the hot sauce thing, but it's really the WAY that mother treated this boy that was abusive. she was just plain mean to him. she didn't want to discipline him - she just doesn't like him. so sad.

I thought hot sauce tasted kinda good when I was a kid.