How to get customers for a window cleaning business?

How do I get customers for my new window cleaning business? I generally do business's. I do gas stations, restaurants, and stores. What would be the best way to approach them or get them to commit to allowing me to do their window? What would be the best way to talk to them? Just in general how would I get them to allow me to do their business? Should I offer them a free window cleaning for a referral?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

How to Get Customers for a Window Cleaning Business

Both companies and homeowners can use the services of a window cleaning business. Everybody has windows that need to be cleaned sooner or later. This can be a very profitable and demanding business to be involved in if your potential customers know you exist. You must advertise your window cleaning business in order to obtain clients. Word of mouth from a satisfied customer is the best advertisement, but there are different techniques you can apply too. Use as many of the ways mentioned that you can afford

Create an advertising budget. Figure out how much your can actually afford to spend on marketing. This amount will establish which advertising methods you can afford.

Select your future customers. Decide for whom you would like to wash windows. (See Tips for additional information.)

Make (or have made) business cards for your window cleaning business. Give these cards to all present and potential future customers you meet. Leave your cards in places that you have selected to target.

Get flyers made to publicize your window washing business. Offer special deals on window cleaning or discounted prices. Put these in the area of your future customers, and mail these out if you can afford the postage

Purchase additional marketing materials to hand out to your customers. Get pens, pencils, calendars, magnets or other publicity items. The idea is to have your window cleaning business name and number easily accessible and in as many places as possible.

Contact billboard companies in your region. This is an expensive form to use, but it may bring you a lot of new customers

Put an advertisement in your regional newspapers. Copy the details of your flyer or make a new announcement. Ask about the various prices of each size of ad since the prices differ

Check the prices to advertise in your phone book. This normally calls for a signed agreement and is costly, but it is very helpful in reaching customers

Place phone calls or go in person to the customers you selected. Offer them your services, and always state your business name and number several times during the conversation

Tips & Warnings

Ask yourself these questions when thinking about who you want as customers for your window cleaning business: Do you want to target only large businesses? Small businesses? Or maybe some specific types of business like convenience stores, hotels, apartments or office buildings? What about houses? Do you want to wash windows for individuals? Make sure you have the equipment required to do multi-story buildings or do not seek this type of customer. If you want to do window cleaning for newly constructed homes, find out who the contractor is. Give any of your present customers extra cards and marketing items that they can give out to associates, friends or neighbors. You could also offer them a discount or free window cleaning, if they get you new customers. Billboard advertising typically requires an agreement signed for a certain amount of time. The prices will vary depending on the site of the billboard, so be sure to check many locations. If you want to get residential customers, pick a site near homes. Select one near several businesses, if this is your target customer. Another type of billboard you can possibly use is a mobile advertiser. Check into this form if you are interested in it. You may also ask about placing an ad in a newsletter or other form of publication used by your potential customers. If you want to get customers for your window cleaning business who live in an association or apartment building, ask if they have a newsletter that is given to each occupant. Do the same for business buildings, malls and convenience stores or hotel chains

Always read any agreements prior to signing. You may be required to make payments for several months for certain forms of advertising.

Source(s): "From experience."
  • gong
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Window Cleaning Business Cards

• 4 years ago

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Everybody has windows that need to be cleaned sooner or later. Both companies and homeowners can use the services of a window cleaning business. This can be a very profitable and demanding business to be involved in if your potential customers know you exist. You must advertise your window cleaning business in order to obtain clients.

1. Create an advertising budget.

2. Select your future customers.

3. Make (or have made) business cards for your window cleaning business.

4. Get flyers made to publicize your window washing business.

5. Purchase additional marketing materials to hand out to your customers.

6. Contact billboard companies in your region.

7. Put an advertisement in your regional newspapers.

8. Check the prices to advertise in your phone book.

9. Place phone calls or go in person to the customers you selected.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Start An Office Cleaning Business!

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How to get customers for a window cleaning business?

How do I get customers for my new window cleaning business? I generally do business's. I do gas stations, restaurants, and stores. What would be the best way to approach them or get them to commit to allowing me to do their window? What would be the best way to talk to them? Just in general how...

Source(s): customers window cleaning business: https://tr.im/zCk8F
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

Without customers, there are no orders, no sales, therefore no cash coming in, therefore no business. A business without customers is not a business, it is a dead concern but not a business. Good public perception attracts customers to buy your product or use your service. However, you can visit http://ikircobusinesstraining.com/for-fr... to know how businesses can get more customers.

• 6 years ago

Take advantage of free online directories, like BookMyCity.

Also consider offering online booking for your services. The customers you're trying to attract are busy professionals, so give them the most convenient, flexible way to book your services.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

drop flyers off to people homes, everyone round my end uses Hydrotech Window Cleaning Services

• clay
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.