Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 10 years ago

I'm looking for the name of a film where the moon is struck by a asteroid and breaks in two?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

There have been a number of movies about damage to the moon, but I'll suggest just one right now:

Earthstorm (2006 TV movie)

starring Stephen Baldwin, Amy Price-Francis, Dirk Benedict

IMDb synopsis:

A massive asteroid impact on the moon begins causing storms on earth due to the sudden changes in ocean tides. But when further examination is conducted it's discovered that the moon's structure is now entirely unstable -- threatening all life on earth. With time running out, a team of scientists turn to one man, demolitions expert John Redding, in effort to find a solution and secure the moon.

Here's another possibility:

Impact (2009 TV miniseries)

starring David James Elliott, Natasha Henstridge, James Cromwell, Steven Culp

IMDb synopsis:

While the entire world watches the largest meteor shower in 10,000 years, a rogue asteroid, hidden by the meteor field, smashes into the moon in a tremendous explosion of rock and debris. Fragments from the asteroid and even from the moon itself penetrate Earth's atmosphere and make impact. Even though the initial damage is minimal, there is significant physical damage to the lunar surface. Experts quickly conclude there will be no lasting ramifications. Then strange anomalies begin to manifest themselves on Earth: cell phone disruptions, unusual static charges and odd tidal behavior. The world's leading scientists begin piecing together evidence that suggests the moon's properties and its orbit may have been permanently altered.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 10 years ago

Button Moon

• 10 years ago

Is it about the moon being broken, or is it just in the film? I ask because all I can think of is The Time Machine. the part where he goes to the future and sees the moon all broken.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

ladies Ella & Claire. I also have a stable, own connection to those 2 names as a combination. i like Anneliese & Catherine to boot. Boys Leo & Anthony. Casey is extremely close at the back of however

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Moonstruck?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.