Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 9 years ago

He Calls Me "Bro"????

A guyfriend of mine, we r only FRIENDS, we text a lot.

imma girl.

sometimes in his txts he calls me "bro"

like...

thx bro

its only fair bro

k bro

i dont think its right 4 him to be calling me bro...?

is it ok for a guy to call a girl "bro"?

could this mean anything???

help

xx

Best Answer

It just means you are close to him.Dont worry about it.He doesnt think your boyish in anyway.Just very tight friends.Hope i helped:)

Yeah I have a friend who is a girl and I call her "Bro." She calls me "Bro" too. We had a pretty hilarious conversation about it... I asked if I should be calling her "sis" instead. "Nope," she said, "that would be extra weird..." Bro is just something you call your proverbial home slices. Its like: I acknowledge that you are female, but more importantly you're my bro. She's perfectly fine attractive wise and not manly at all. It doesn't mean anything about you personally, it just describes the close-friend relationship you two happen to have made.

From a guys perspective it could just be that is just the way he text. I know it sounds strange dat he calls you bro, try to bring it up to him. If not just start calling him girl, he will probably get the hint.

Let him know that it bothers you. If he's a nice guy, I'm sure he'll understand. Who knows, maybe he just calls everyone 'bro' so he doesn't think anything of it.

he thinks of you as one of his friends i guess..personally i hate when guys call me bro but i dont think it could mean anything besides a sign of friendship

It doesn't mean anything. Guys would call the girls they are friends with "dude". This is the same things.

Personally I'd ask him to stop calling me that, I mean that's kinda demeaning. I don't think he realizes that though - I guess he just thinks of you as one of the guys.

He jus sees u has one of hiss guy friends basically like my guy friend called me dude at timess

umm its just internet speak, how kids of today talk, y'know, lolumadbro? don't be so girly girly me and my friends (yes we're girls) call each other dude all the time.. and bro

Haha its all good XD

Nothing to worry about I call everyone DUDE!

girls and boys

Source(s): Girl, 16