Meag asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 9 years ago

i need help on makeup. never tried it before :/ foundation?

well i have a dark scar on mt cheek, very close to my nose. i have some pimples, and pimple scars. what foundation should i use to cover this up? i dont want it to feeel too cakey or like a mask i also have dry skin i also want to cover my little eczema parts on my face. thank you :) oh and not too expensive pleeeease

Favorite Answer

Here are a few makeup tips for you!

*Pressed Powder Foundation

Using a cotton wool ball, press down and swirl gently in the powder container and then press the cotton wool ball on areas on your face. This helps it to stay on longer!

*Liquid foundation

With all foundations, make sure you have the right colour for your skin tone.

If you want a thick, even coverage then apply the foundation to your face using a cosmetic sponge.

For an easier but thinner coverage, use your fingertips to blend into your face.

*Mousse foundation

Applying with your fingertips is the best way. Did you know that mousse foundation is actually powder?

*Liquid Concealer

Apply dots under your eyes in a crescent-moon shape and dab using the tip of your middle finger. Don't rub - this wipes the concealer off!

*Blusher

Smile! Apply a small amount onto a blusher brush and blend onto your apples in a circular motion.

Another way of applying it so that it doesn't look so dramatic is to dab on TINY amounts using your finger and rub in circular motions to blend.

*Eyeliner

Use a white eyeliner on your bottom waterline to make your eyes appear bigger.

Using any other colour eyeliner you like, apply just underneath your bottom lashes. Then roll a cotton bud (or q tip I think they're called in America, idk) gently into some petroleum jelly (vaseline) and use it to smudge and blend your eyeliner in. Same technique can be used for applying eyeliner on your eyelids.

*Mascara

ALWAYS use an eyelash curler BEFORE applying mascara. When applying, apply in a zigzag motion. This helps to coat all the lashes. Remember to use an eyelash brush inbetween coats to make your lashes appear more natural.

*Lips

The key is to exfoliate! Roll a cotton bud in some petroleum jelly (like with the eyeliner!), then roll it in some sugar and swirl gently on your lips for 30 seconds, then wash that off and apply petroleum jelly to your lips.

Hope you found these helpful! :)♥

I think that concealer would be less cakey than foundation,and it can help cover up the annoying zits and the dark scar.Neutrogena has good concealers and foundations for all skin types and it's healthy for your skin so try a neutrogena concealer and foundation.I hope this helps!

• I would use green concealer to put on the acne then put on pressed power in the color that matches your face. Then i would blend it all together with a little foundation. I like this saying when i am putting on makeup "less is more". I will put links below to show you want i use. Hope this helps:)

• zehr

Hmmm...For me that's often the type of makeup. some manufacturers make a miles better lipstick than others, yet can nonetheless suck at producing a astonishing mascara. you're suitable on with the blush....i've got discovered that often while somebody would not understand a thank you to suitable shop on with that merchandise, they often dislike it. that's carefully ok; i does no longer a like an merchandise it is unflattering to my constructive factors the two.

Eew i hate cakey makeup :P And a good non-cakey one is Olay tinted cream. Now this is going to totally smoothen your skin. Your scar will still be visible but trust me youre going to love it. and don't be afraid to mess up in makeup! Its o.k. You need to find whats good for your skin, your colors and what you like! Hope this helps!<3Tibby

Smashbox Heathy Skin Fx Foundation. It's a little bit expensive ($35.00) but it will work!

Revlon Colorstay foundation, its cheap at heb or walmart, walgreens, cvs, anywhere :)