Can i hook up a 4 channel amp to 1sub?

Can i hook up a 4 channel amp to 1sub > using "all" the channels Example: bridge 4 ch, to 2 ch, then some how or some way use the 2 channels now the rear Lt & Rt then use them ((both)) for just one sub . It's a Ka4400 4 channel Jensen amp. I hear it can put up to 600w, and I have one 700w sub just trying to use all the amps power ??????????

Best Answer

I looked up the amp and found its rated at 50w rms per channel. So if the subwoofer is dual voice coils then you could bridge the amp so it would have two channels at 100w rms and attach each one to each voice coil. This is if the subwoofer has two 4 ohm voice coils. Otherwise it would be unstable.

As for bridging it a second time to make it one channel and have 200w rms, I don't believe that is possible to do safely.

Unless it states you can bridge channels, it's not a good idea to do so by trial and error. Generally only 2 channels can be bridged and only on certain amps.

• esry

i think of the media in basic terms tousled some data. I advise they even began a guy hunt for the incorrect person. They see an incident like this and leap on it in the past they get any information.

That's a waste of your money and resources. Just get a mono-block amp. If you need help just e-mail me. Good luck!

Source(s): Don’t forget, I’m an audiophile, auto A/V installer and enthusiast, and also an installer of the fine Whelen auto products. Don’t worry, I’ll take care of you.