Anonymous

why does people keep thinking raven symone is biracial when she isnt?

are white people afraid to acknowledge the fact that black people can be light skinned without being mixed or what? raven even mentioned time and time again she is just black and nothing else. both her parents are black yet whites dont want to believe this..why do they keep assuming that all light skin blacks are mixed?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

ignorance and stereotyping

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • bojan
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Is Raven Symone Biracial

• 4 years ago

Is Raven Symone Mixed

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

why does people keep thinking raven symone is biracial when she isnt?

are white people afraid to acknowledge the fact that black people can be light skinned without being mixed or what? raven even mentioned time and time again she is just black and nothing else. both her parents are black yet whites dont want to believe this..why do they keep assuming that all light...

Source(s): people thinking raven symone biracial isnt: https://biturl.im/AUhGx
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ella
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

Well, Some people thinks she mixed because on the Irane talk show"The cook show" back in 2005. She said, That she have some Italian Godparents , So I'am guessing that she may have Italian blood in her only a bit. Also, without her make up on she looks pale . Like she looks white but not white white. Just pale. Like she have no color in her. But she's still black though and that how my aunt is. She's black but looks pale without her make-up on. So, I guess that's why. Oh yeah, I'am a raven fan :)

Source(s): raven-symone.org
  • 4 years ago

I just know that I searched this question because she plays a biracial character on "The Cheetah Girls." Half African American and half Italian. I wondered if that was true in real life. That could be some of the confusion.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

If there is a black person white people like, they will try their best to try to whiten them as possible so they can feel alright, like Beyonce. Have you noticed how white she has gotten on those magazines. At one time I didn't know who I was even looking at. Raven is black and looks black. Blacks comes in many different shapes and sizes and we all don't look the same.

• 4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avdEk

I think she looks great. I may be a mom, but I still love watching her on her show and those Cheetah movies. Even better, my 12 year old son says she is pretty, too.

• 10 years ago

Raven isn't even that light-skinned.

http://www.iill.net/raven-symone

• Love
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Yeah, that's odd. She looks like any other African American.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

I've never thought that and I don't care. I can't see the difference. Even when I can I want them to stick with the blacks.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.