Did you ever step barefoot on something so hot it made you grab your foot and hop up and down?

Do you think it's better to hop around and be funny or try to pretend like it didn't happen?

Favorite Answer

Not that I can recall.

I always stomp out my cigarettes with my foot, and never feel a thing. So I guess my feet are tough enough to not notice hot things.

Ambient summer temperatures here are often well above 40C, meaning that the ground temperature is probably something over 50C. It never has been a problem for me to walk on that. Like today - it was about 39C this afternoon and it didnt stop me walking several kilometres on the bare ground.

Source(s): Paul
  • Ryan S

I once stepped barefoot on a live piece of charcoal. I believe it was the most painful injury I've ever suffered.

I had been grilling, & afterwards I went to dump out the coals before putting the grill away. Unbeknownst to me, one of the coals fell out of the charcoal pan & onto the ground right in front of me. I stepped on it, causing a 2nd degree burn on my left foot, with a blister the size of a golf ball. It soon ruptured, & left a very large area of the raw skin exposed. It took about 7 weeks to heal completely.

But to answer your question, I hopped on the other foot, my language was decidedly X-rated, & at that time I don't think I cared what anybody thought.

I stepped on the metal cover to my heatvent in my room about a week ago.. wasn't super-hot, but it did make me jump back a bit..

Hot pavement, or a hot driveway in the summer.. Especially when its painted black.. Damn that was hot Dx ... And the sand at beaches in the summer... Over 40 degrees celsius all the time.... o.o

--Its better to act like it didn't happen at all... You just make a fool out of yourself if you start hopping around yelling "ow! ow! ow!" ...

• KW

No, but stepping on a cold tile floor after walking barefoot across a hot parking lot is great!

Yes, hot sand. I would hop around.

yes I stepped on the railroad track in my barefeet on a hot summer day. ugh

• Of course, a railroad track would be even hotter than a metal plate since it is perfectly smooth. Metal plates still have some amount of roughness that makes very small air pockets with less heat.

yes and I would hop around and be funny:)

Have walked on some hot sand, but nothing that hot, no.

Only when I deliberately stood on a hot metal plate past where the soles burned very quickly and all the way to when the feet strongly tingled--yeah I had to jump off the plate. The burning and tingling feeling alsolasted for several tens of steps, but also made even the asphalt feel cooler than that metal plate for that many steps.

yes