Vonage MDL Settlement?

Hi, does any body know what Vonage MDL Settlement is?

I got this in email yesterday.

Thanks

• Mutt
    Favorite Answer

I love Google, yes I do.

I love Google, how 'bout you?

A very, very quick Google search for "Vonage MDL Settlement" came up with probably the same site that the email would have pointed you to: https://www.settlementvonage.com/. The site has all kinds of information on this class action lawsuit. And right in the very first bullet point, it tells what the settlement is for:

"There is a proposed Settlement with Defendants Vonage America, Inc., Vonage Holdings Corp., and Vonage Marketing LLC (collectively, “Vonage” or “Defendants”) in a class action lawsuit pending in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey. The name of the lawsuit is In re Vonage Marketing and Sales Practice Litigation, MDL No. 1862, Civil Action No. 3:07-cv-03906 (U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey). The lawsuit involves Vonage’s promotional “one month free” and “money back guarantee” offers and application of certain charges (disconnection, cancellation and termination fees, and subscription fees despite requests for cancellation), which allegedly violated certain laws. Vonage strongly denies any wrongdoing, but has agreed to settle to avoid the burden and cost of further litigation. The Court has not made a decision on the merits of this case."

.