Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetProgramming & Design · 1 decade ago

Login & Register System?

Hi,

Thank you all for reading. It's extremely difficult for me to find the solution online as it's kinda difficult to express the question out.

Basically what i'm asking is, how do i actually make a system like amazon? i.e you log into my website, and u add something to ur cart (maximum 1 item) for which you purchase it. And only registered members can purchase the item. And when those who isn't logged in tries to purchase, they will be prompt to register.

It's my first time doing such things and i really need someone to explain to me step by step on how do i succeed in doing so.

Thank you!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The way you ask tells me you do not have much experience, so this project is not easy for you to achieve.

However...

You need:

1. A login system ("Login script")

2. A catalogue and shopping cart ("Shopping cart")

3. A paypal account integrated ("Easy PayPal Integration").

These scripts are available at http://www.web2coders.com/

You will have to read them, understand them, and edit them to your needs.

Good luck!

• 1 decade ago

you need to study programming for about 5 years at least lol, for what your asking is huge. i mean step by step just to make a log on screen that forms a database of users, those users having files associated with their user names containing many variables like the cart, transaction numbers for the items in the cart, and coordinating that with payment methods, etc. you are talking hundreds of megabytes of coding, (do you think amazon was made step by step with someones help online lol) i would suggest for your "first time" concentrate only on a log on screen. i suggest for simplicity and ease of your learning, PHP. to do so you will need to set up on your own computer an apache server

use xampp (this will set up on vista or win 7 a lot easier than apache from apache.com and has php in it as well) then download the php .chm (help file) set it up (these steps you will be hitting the forums asking for help at that, and start out with making the hello world program and progress to making a login form. you will need to know HTML or be able to affluently search for html information like how to setcookie, and a lot more. good luck i hope you don't give up (thats not my aim here and i hope you do note i am provideing valuble info like xampp for setting up apache) , as that is the number one failing in starting programming.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

u hv to store the login id of the user logged on inthe session context, then get it to know whether the user is logged on wen he/she is trying to purchse, thn on that allow the user or printout error msg.

bt before all that ur programming concepts should be above normal my dear.

• 1 decade ago

honestly i think the best way to go would be to set up a paypal account and have your customers have to login to check out. Paypal is fast and easy to set up.

Source(s): Owner of a private website and game developer
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.