Are Japanese food mostly plain/tasteless?

So I'm a Chinese overseas living in South East Asia, our food in here are mostly full of spice and often, if not all are spicy... I'm planning to visit Japan for few weeks, and if it's as good as I expect, I'll try to be permanent resident there and spread my own business, the problem is I like... show more So I'm a Chinese overseas living in South East Asia, our food in here are mostly full of spice and often, if not all are spicy...

I'm planning to visit Japan for few weeks, and if it's as good as I expect, I'll try to be permanent resident there and spread my own business, the problem is I like to eat a lot and food is a big concern for me.....the Japanese food I've eaten in my country are usually more local's alike, meaning the spice and such are prepared in our daily's taste...

So I wonder is real Japanese food made by Japanese plain/tasteless as some of my friends and Internet said? Can I find Chinese or foreign food in Japan?