"IF" 'Jesus is God', who then is the only begotten Son of God in whom we must believe to attain salvation?

If 'Jesus is God' then is His only begotten Son - Jesus Jr.?

It is impossible for God to lie and no deceit is found in the mouth of Jesus - nowhere does God ever say that God the Father is Jesus the Son. 'If' the 2 are 1 as some proclaim, then who are the 'Us' and We' of Gen1:26 & 3:22 and Jn3:11?

Nowhere is it said 'Jesus the Father'.

Is it that 'Jesus is God' is a non-biblical doctrine?

How can one honor the Father if there is none?[because the Son is the Father]

I just want to know the truth -

without added[Rev22:18] words from mens' doctrines who feel the need to add words to what God has already spoken plainly[Dt27:8,Nu12:8,Hb2:2 etc.].

Although Christ does say 'I and the Father are one', He never says 'I and the Father are one and the same', and what Christ DOES say is as important as what He DOES NOT say.

This is my main question - IF 'Jesus is God', who is the 'Us' & 'Our' & 'We' of Gen1:26-3:22 & Jn3:11?

Do you believe the word of God over the doctrines of men?

How can the Lamb[Christ-Rev5] take the scroll out of His own hand[God seated on the throne]?

Or in Dn7:13 - the 'Son of Man[Jesus]' approaches the 'Ancient of Days[God]' - NOT 'one and the same'.

'by the testimony of 2-3 witnesses' - please give 2-3 references in scripture which state plainly[for God speaks plainly] 'Jesus is God'. - What does it mean if there is not 2-3 witnesses to testify of 'Jesus is God' in scripture?

To the mockers who have a small life and feel they are constructive in tearing down others - yeah, yeah, yeah, hahaha - Gee, I have NEVER heard that one before - how original!!! You certainly have changed my outlook! Your fervent mocking has GOT to be proof of no god!

'doctrines of men' are doctrines that men have developed in ADDITION[Rev22:18] to what is in the bible, but cannot be found in the word of God - such as 'Mary is the queen of heaven'.

Jn10:29 - "My Father...is greater than ALL..."

Jesus sits at the right hand of the Majesty[as our High Priest to God-Hb8] in heaven, waiting for His enemies to be made His footstool.

Jesus is our High Priest, but if He is also God, as some say - this leads to confusion.

The Lord God Almighty[God] and His Holy One[Jesus].

Is there ANY evidence of a trinity in the Law & Prophets? -

If there is a trinity where the 3 are 1 why was not the response to Saul in Acts9:4 'Saul, Saul, Saul'? as in Father, Son, Holy Ghost -

As for me - I most absolutely believe the word of God without ANY doubt - that is why I DO question these doctrines of men, because I CANNOT find them in the bible[THE word of God].

@ Olsare Dude - since your perception of me is 180 degrees from the truth, I have no other choice than to disbelieve EVERYTHING else you might have to say.

@ same Dude - you have NO IDEA what my prayers are or if they have been answered - but FYI, my very first prayer to God was answered THE VERY DAY I asked in a VERY tangible way that CANNOT be denied!

@ Christine - I am NOT confused - as you point out 'the trinity is NOT consistent with the bibles' teaching' - I am not confused, but believe the word of God over EVERY doctrine developed by men who felt the need to ADD[Rev22:18] to the word of God[as if somehow God was not clear or maybe left some important truths out of His word].

Favorite Answer

You are confused because the Trinity is not consistent with the Bible's teaching. (you can Google this if you don't believe me)

Here is why, though, in brevity:

"The New Encyclopedia Britannica says "Neither the word Trinity, nor the explicit doctrine as such, appears in the New testament, nor did Jesus and his followers intend to contradict the Shema in the Old Testament (Deut 6:4)".

Also, The Encyclopedia Americana says, "Christianity derived from Judaism and Judaism was strictly Unitarian [believing that God is one person]. The road which led from Jerusalem to Nicea was scarcely a straight one. Fourth century Trinitarianism did not reflect accurately early Christian teaching regarding the nature of God; it was on the contrary, a deviation from this teaching.

Even the New Catholic Encyclopedia states: "the formulation 'one God in three Persons' was not solidly established, certainly not fully assimilated into Christian life and its profession of faith, prior to the end of the 4th century. But it is precisely this formulation that has first claim to the title 'the Trinitarian dogma'. Among the Apostolic Father, there had been nothing even remotely approaching such a mentality or perspective."

As your scripture citations point out, God is in no way equal to Jesus but far greater and the Alpha and Omega of our existence. Jesus, being the firstborn of creation, is clearly not equal to his father.

Your research is very good and you should continue applying yourself to the Scriptures and following the example noted at Ephesians 5:10 - continually testing whether things are approved to God or not. Stick to true worship."

So, as most of the scriptures you alluded to say, God and Jesus are two distinct spirit creatures, God, The Father, and Jesus, the "only begotten son-of-god"

Here is a link to a published, Bible-based study-aid entitled "What Does the Bible Really Teach?" that expounds a little more on who Jesus is, enjoy: watchtower.org/e/bh/article_04.htm

Source(s): Official Website of Jehovah's Witnesses: www.watchtower.org

1) The Us and We are the "Royal" we. (yes it's a form of address)

2) True - nowhere does it say Jesus the father

3) No - Jesus is God is a Biblical doctrine: Heb 1:7-8, Is 9:6, Matt. 1:22-23, John 8:55-56, John 10:30-33

4) The Trinity assumes that each is not one and the same - just one.

5) See answer #1

6) That's a trick question. There is no word of God over the doctrines of men. Because I can't prove to you that the word I believe isn't a doctrine of man. However, I know what I believe and why.

7) Another trick question - Literal readings don't work - sometimes you have to accept symbolism as symbolism. The key is understanding that.

8) You have answered your own question: there are more than 2-3 witnesses. 12 of them are named Apostles. Quibbling over not hearing someone say "Jesus is God" isn't a valid arguement. Many witnesses attest to Jesus being the Son of God (Peter, the Roman guard, et al). Other mention the Son being coequal to the Father. Logic dictates: If X=Y and Y=Z then X=Z. If Jesus is the Son of God, and the Son of God is coequal with God, then Jesus must be coequal with God.

9) I mock nothing. However, asking for the answer to questions you don't really want answered - well, why did you ask in the first place?

Simple answer for your closed atheist mind: the Son of God means the Son of Father God, one of the persons of the Trinitian God, not the whole Holy Trinity. It's impossible to be the son of two other people and yourself. When we talk about God in general, we speak of the whole Trinity. The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit.

Simply, Son of God means the Son of Father God. I know you won't understand as you're an atheist but at least all the Christian answerers tried to explain. And besides, what do you atheists care about it? What's the @#!" fun of trolling? It's annoying. You are just one atheist who turned from Christianity due to God not answering to your selfish prayers anyway. God only answers to non-selfish prayers.

I'm a Christian. Still, my life's filled with much much else than just religion (friends, school, etc.). You atheits always think that Christians are unable to live other than religious life; you're totally wrong.

• Buster

Just read John 1:1 that should clear up your question there are three persons in the trinity and or the Godhead it of course is a collective 1 you can have 12 apples yet you only have one dozen God the father, Jesus the Son and God the Holy Spirit make up the one Godhead

Jesus never said he is Lord.

I'm impressed to see such Questions arise these days to prove people have moral understanding.

as u may have seen many things in our every day life has some sort of hierarchy.

I Do not Believe God has a wife, son or father. Of course the highest 1 on the hierarchy in existence who made existence is only possible to be one.

(This can be understood by intelligent thinkers)

.

.

>>>>>>>>>>This is the answer of who God was talking to in Gen. 1:26<<<<<<<<<<<<

.

.

.

In Revelation 5:6 ...” The Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the SEVEN Spirits of God “…

.

The seven Spirits of God is who God was talking to in Gen. 1:26 when He said let us make man in our image !

.

God was not talking to a lesser god or the angels or to Jesus, why, because Jesus is God !

.

These seven Spirits of God are in Isaiah 11:2, each spirit is mentioned.

.

Also read Proverbs 8 : 11, 14, 22, & 23.

.

God is not plural, God is one.

.

Jesus, Peter, & Paul never taught about the trinity. They were Jews, and Jews don’t believe in 3 gods !

_______The bible says that " for in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.” it’s speaking of Jesus___

.

____God is a spirit... and a spirit can Not bleed, so the spirit made a body ( Jesus ). _Hebrews 10 : 5

_ Now, Jesus is 100% God... and 100% man___

__

___As a man, Jesus hungered, as God, Jesus feed the multitudes.

As a man, Jesus prayed, but as God, Jesus answers prayers !!_____

__As a man, Jesus cried out while on the cross, " My God, My God, why hast thou forsaking me”

___but as God, Jesus said, " I will never leave you nor forsake you " _

____As a man Jesus died... but as God, Jesus raised Himself from the grave. !!

___Isa. 9 : 6 tells us the son is the everlasting Father !

___Jesus is the Father in creation ( creator ). Jesus is the Son in redemption, ( Saviour, ) and the Holy Ghost in regeneration, ( Indwelling Spirit ) _ ( Rom. 8 : 11 ).

There is only, One God !_____Jesus Christ !

____ The bible tells us that " without the shedding of blood there can be no remissions of sins "...

___ *** Because God is everywhere at the same time He was able to stay in heaven, and come to the earth at the same time, in the form of a man ( Jesus ), sacrifice Himself, instead of us, and still live !! ***

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is about every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, …Philippians 2:9--11

Thomas called Jesus God, John 20:28

Stephen while dying called God Jesus, Acts 7:59

When Paul asked the Lord who He was, here was His answer, Acts 9 : 5

The Holy Ghost is not a third person in the Godhead, but rather the manifestation of the Spirit of God ( the Creator ), and of the resurrected Christ, coming to dwell in the hearts and lives of all men, who will be obedient to the gospel, as the Comforter, Sustainer, and the Keeper ( John 14 : 16—26; Rom. 8 : 11 ) .

.

So There are not three Gods, but three MANIFESTATIONS of the One God.

“ These three are one “ ( 1 John 5 : 7 ) .

.

Source(s): . . . Apostolic Believer In One God, Jesus . . King James bible, 1611 . .

I don't believe everything in the bible is true at all. But ive seen miracles. Ive seen icons crying mur, the virgin mary appering on a giant church glass window in florida from water, my mother saw jesus when she was 5 and a saint called out to her through a person, and my aunt has had a demon in her, demons are real, so there has to be a god. Her/his/it's name isn't "God" because english is only made up by humans(and the word human) Unfortunately, proof is the only reason that I believe in god and jesus. Sometimes I don't have a lot of faith. But praying also helps a lot. I pray everyday of my life for people and the universe to get better. And believe it or not I see improvements. Just give it a chance.

Prior to coming to earth, Jesus (AKA "The WORD") was God, and was WITH God, and then the time came, and the WORD (AKA Jesus) came to earth to dwell in, and as, a human body (John 1:1-14).

Look, the Scripture is clear about this. Do I fully understand? No. I'm not called to understand everything about God, since God is infinite and eternal, while I am finite, mortal and temporal.

God calls us to BELIEVE Him, not UNDERSTAND Him: "Abraham BELIEVED God, and that was counted as his righteousness."

Second, we see in Isaiah that Jehovah God says that HE is the first and the last, while in Revelations, Jesus claims to be the first and the last, thus making Jesus equivalent to God.

Third, in Isaiah 48:16, we see that Jehovah your Redeemer (AKA Jesus) says that Jehovah God and His Spirit has sent Him.

Again, do I understand it all? No! But I DO believe what God said.

You have the choice - either do NOT believe God and call Him a liar, which would be extremely detrimental to your eternal placement; or acknowledge God, believe what He said, and allow Him to be the Lord (boss) of your life.

• Rocky

Read John 1:1, the we and us in Genesis are God the Creator and the God Son Creator, Jesus was the human form of the God Son, and he and God Father are one, as you and your brain, body and soul are one. Your brain is active in one project while you body may be doing something not related and then there is your spiritual side occupied at something even different but you are still one, but you do not allow God that option, hm how strange you place God below you in importance and abilities. Glad you are not God in my world.

• tina d

"i am the lord and you shall have no other god before me"

how many other gods are there? god hisself said there must be others, otherwise the 1st commandment is just palin stupid.

is god stupid?

is god vain?

is god afraid ... of Satan? perhaps Satan, who, as we know, watched over humans and KNOWS humans more than any other diety, is more caring and more concerned than the god of the xtians.

after all, didnt god create Adam and Eve then automatically punish them? Is that the act of a caring father or a punitive, abusive individual? sadistic, some might say. this xtian god even killed his own son. my 'god', he abused the hell (giggle) out of Job, had him ready to kill his own son... and destroyed Jobs world.. and Job was devout! Enough said?

if god was alive today in this world, he would be arrested as a cult leader... getting one of his followers to kill his son? what the hell (giggle) is that all about? perhaps god was insane? wouldnt that be the defense proposed today? seriously! kill your son to show your devotion to me? how sick! then... god also sends jesus to die. heroic? or cowardly? why didnt god just remove Lord Satan, or was he actually unable to? dont hide from the answer. think about it. if god was so powerful, why didnt he fight Lord Satan?

how many other examples in that book of lies deal with the xtian god lying to the sheeple? and look at the followers today- lying in the name of that god.

at least Satan was honest. No lies. No misleading or confusing doublespeak. Rethink who is upfront and caring, and know us best. Rethink who has tricked us, and think... of what evil is done in the name of the xtian god.

who really should we be worshipping? which god, the ONE TRUE God, know us, looks over us, and is active, wanting us to enjoy life? yes, the ONE TRUE God, who i WORSHIP and LOVE. He is with me always, and shows me His Passion and Love, spiritually and phsyically.