Aaron asked in HealthMen's Health · 9 years ago

Foreskin doesn't draw back ?!?!?

Im 17, going on 18 and my foreskin doesn't draw back at all. I was just wondering if this was normal, as I recently found out that most people can draw it back.

Favorite Answer

It sounds like your foreskin's pretty tight, and trying to pull it back when it doesn't want to is not good. There are ways for you to "fix" your foreskin before seeing a doctor, so it doesn't hurt when you retract your foreskin further back (and so it won't get stuck). And if you don't want to get circumcised, there are plenty of alternatives.

The first thing you should try are called stretching exercises. In one stretching exercise, you basically "hooks" one finger on either side of the foreskin and pull in opposite directions as if you're trying to increase the diameter of your foreskin's opening. Stretch and hold the foreskin for 10-20 seconds, then relax for 5-10 seconds, and then repeat for 10-20 minutes every day for maybe a month or so. It's best to do these exercises after a bath/shower when the skin's most flexible. It's important to be diligent about this and do it every day, but don't stretch too hard such that you rip or causes tears in your foreskin, as that'll scar up and make things worse in the long-run. See links 1 and 2 for good detailed instructions on what to do.

If after 3 months and you see little/no progress, then it's a good idea for you to ask your doctor for a prescription cream that helps loosen the foreskin (link 3). If you combine the prescribed cream with the stretching exercises above, the whole process will be quicker and easier.

In almost all cases of a tight foreskin the above treatments are all that's necessary. So you can ignore any suggestions or recommendations to get circumcised, as that's just not necessary. Yes, a dorsal slit is different than getting circumcised because it just cuts your foreskin along the top, but it kind of looks bad. Worse comes to worst, there is an alternative surgery that removes little/no foreskin, is cheaper, is less painful, and has a quicker recovery time (link 4). However, not all doctors know or are skilled in this procedure, so it's important to find a doctor who's both willing and experienced in doing them.

See the remaining links for more useful info.

• its me

it sounds like you may have phimosis (sp?)

you can try stretching the skin and use some cream you get from the doctors

stretching rarely works even with the cream that the doctors give you (btw i'm in the uk) which they will all ways do be for you get cut i had to use the cream for two months and it did nothing at all.

when you get cut there is next to no pain but it will be uncomfortable for about 5 days after the op.

the op it self is a in and out job, i was in hospital for abut 5 hours. ( I am in the UK )

the stitches will fall out about 10 - 14 days after the op .

in 5-6 weeks you will be fully healed and then you can go back to your normal life... sports, sex and jacking off

for the first 2 weeks you need to keep the area dry. to keep your self clean use things like baby wipes or wet wipes try not to use soap as it may sting where the cut is.

after the op you will need to wear lose fitting clothes to keep them from the head of your penis ( some people say wear tight underwear but you just need to use what you feel comfy in )

for the misinformed it is NOT male mutilation an the only thing you lose is the foreskin and nothing else

if you need any more help from some one who was the same ( scared sh1tless of getting cut) please email and i will see what i can do to help you

please ignore any thumbs down i get as there is a group on here that thumbs me down no matter what i say

Source(s): Cut at 18 and 30 both times for medical reasons See these link for true life story’s from men who are happy to be cut (these links are for over 18's only not my problem if you look) http://books.dreambook.com/danricketts/c… http://www.danricketts.net/circdecs.htm

I don't think it's normal. I heard before that you should be able to pull it back when you go through puberty. My 12 year old little brother asked me this once, and since I was circumcised (I'm 17) I didn't know what to tell him. I asked our 21 year old older brother after since he was uncircumcised and would probably know more about it.

He even showed our little bro how it would look like to to pull the foreskin back and show the head part of the penis, and he said he couldn't do what our older brother did.

I think the only way to get through this condition is to get circumcised.

You should have it checked out by a Dr. I think it should drawback.. You might need to get circumcised.