How much does it cost for prenatal care & c-section delivery? Cash?

What is a good estimate of how much it would cost to have a baby via c-section in the state of Ohio? A nurse told me $2700 plus sonograms, plus delivery, plus hospital costs? But how much is all of that?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I found my estimate hand out from my hospital.

Vaginal delivery was $2957 and $3356 for a cesarean delivery minimum. This fee includes monthly visits up to the 28th week in pregnancy, biweekly visits to 36 weeks, routine chemical urinalysis, and a six week postpartum office visits. This fee covers the doctors charge for a vaginal delivery(doesn't state for a Csection), the admission history and physical examination, and the management of an uncomplicated labor and delivery.

Services not included are: lab tests, non-stress tests, ultrasound procedures, hospitalization prior to delivery, office visits for conditions not directly related to the pregnancy, etc.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

I received a copy of my hospital bill when they billed my insurance back in 2007 when I gave birth to our daughter. After having epidural, then another, a csection delivery, and my daughters nicu costs it was over 10,000 dollars..This was not including the 9 months of prenatal care beforehand..Prenatal care is going to be expensive out of pocket, and delivery is obviously as well..Youve got to remember that the more ultrasounds you have the more money it will cost, bloodwork, laboratory charges, regular checkups once a month, then up to once a week.

• 4 years ago

My Dr. charges $3200 for C section that covers the delivery, postpardum visit, and 13 prenatal visits. (that's the before ins. part). I don't know what parental and postnatal cost is?

• 9 years ago

OB: about $3,000

Hospital: about $7,000 vaginal....more for section

Ultrasounds: couple hundred a pop depending on where and what type

Lab costs: figure another couple hundred

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Sara
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

So glad I live in Canada

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.