Could America go into economic ruin and no longer exist within a week?

Ok I'm sure I've got my facts mixed up because I got them from my International Relations teacher and they just seem too horrible to be true. So someone please clear this up for me. He says that the President of Egypt could be assassinated within the next 24 hours. If this happens Israel will invade... show more Ok I'm sure I've got my facts mixed up because I got them from my International Relations teacher and they just seem too horrible to be true. So someone please clear this up for me.

He says that the President of Egypt could be assassinated within the next 24 hours. If this happens Israel will invade Egypt within the next couple of days, the Suez Canal will be closed, making it impossible for oil to reach Europe and the United States. Oil will go up to $200 a barrel and gas will go to $20 a gallon. People won't be able to go to work so the electricity and water companies will close, food stores close, and everyone will kill each other over food and water until we are completely wiped out, thus America as a nation will no longer exist. This is Armageddon type stuff here. If it's true what should we do? Should we get a plane ticket and leave or what? Is it even true or does he have is facts wrong?
Update: @bodhi:

You're right we get very little oil from the Middle East, in fact we only get %4.5 of our oil from there according to CNN, but %4.5 is enough to make gas prices to go from where they are now to $20.00 a gallon I believe...