What does your SO do when they get home from work?

My husband gets home from work at 4pm. Many days he gets home later because he's gone by Home Depot/Lowes/Walmart to get something for his "project". He ALWAYS has a house project going on. And it's always a project that HAS TO BE DONE. He makes it seem like it's life threatening safety... show more My husband gets home from work at 4pm. Many days he gets home later because he's gone by Home Depot/Lowes/Walmart to get something for his "project". He ALWAYS has a house project going on. And it's always a project that HAS TO BE DONE. He makes it seem like it's life threatening safety issue has to get done right now. It's NOOOOOOOTTTTT! Like this weekend. He HAD to put down new flooring in the laundry room. The kids wanted to play with him so badly, but all his focus was on the flooring. I wasn't feeling good either (8 1/2 months prego). I was really hoping he would just sit and spend some time with them. When he started complaining about the project and how he "never has enough time, there's always so much to do" it just irritated me. None of his "projects" HAVE to be done. They are just things he WANTS to get done. There's a big difference. Yes, if there was a gaping hole in the floor that was a safety issue for the kids to fall into, sure the floor needs to be addressed. He just didn't like the linoleum that the previous owner installed. I told him that he's the one that puts pressure on himself to get these things done, not me, and that none of them are urgent. He chooses to do them instead of sit down and relax. He got upset and said no, they have to be done. So, we are back to the woman vs man priority debate.

I'm just curious as to what other husbands are like? He does NOT sit down when he comes home except to eat dinner. He doesn't sit and play with the kids unless he HAS to. He's always doing something. We don't have a game system, nor does he watch very much tv. While I greatly admire his sense of drive, I also wish he'd SIT down with us. Play a game, watch a movie, play with the kids with me.