Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

What are the regs on customizing your ACH?

I am the guy in my unit who likes to keep morale up through motivation and I wanted to know if anyone knew this because there is a claymore patch I would like to sew onto my ACH cover. I cant find anything on it. Would it be up to the commander? or is there an actual reg some ware (this is for army)?

Thanks

• AR
    Favorite Answer

Helmets cannot have patches as you describe. The helmet band can have Name, Blood Type, Battle Roster and Cat Eyes. You helment cover can have Rank and in some units a Unit ID (example 101st has card suits clubs, hearts, spades, diamonds).

Source(s): 11B

You sew only what your unit authorizes on your ACH. Most units will either have nothing or their division patch. How would sewing on a picture of a claymore be motivating?

Edit: JD roger that lol, "front toward enemy".

Source(s): Army Scout

I hope you're not the type of guy that tries to keep motivation up by "forced fun".... Last time I heard someone say they like to keep unit morale up it was a butter bar and no one liked him.

Anyway I hope you're not an MOS that leaves the wire, being tr only one with a patch on your helmet will make you look like a twix bar to a sniper

It's ultimately up to your CoC, though I'd say it's a safe bet to say the answer is "no"

• Rufus

Wraeth, if he puts the image of the front of the claymore on the front of his helmet, it would tell him which way is forward.