Ways to liven up my hair/makeup?

I'm not much worried about clothes since I'm probably best with them out of the three areas of style (hair, makeup, clothing) and worst with hair.

I'm kind of bored with my hair and makeup at present and I don't have any ideas as to kind of change it up a bit. I have swim this semester so I'm just going to wear my hair back the whole time until school let's out but once summer hits I'll have time and money to experiment with hair and makeup.

What I usually do is just flat iron my hair (with heat protector) and then just wear eyeliner on my waterline and then on the top lashline with black mascara and I'm bored with it. Sometimes I incorporate eyeshadow but not very often.

I need ideas that will suit my face, body shape, and coloring. Any ideas? Here are some pictures:

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af34/mcr_is_luv...

I've actually worn those outfits in the same week before.

Any ideas? Oh, and I want to stick to my haircut (I am growing it out though), I want to stick with black eyeliner/mascara, I'm not dyeing my hair (that is my natural color), and it can't be too complicated, expensive, or gaudy/tacky/dark/bold.

Favorite Answer

Here are a few makeup tips for you!

*Pressed Powder Foundation

Using a cotton wool ball, press down and swirl gently in the powder container and then press the cotton wool ball on areas on your face. This helps it to stay on longer!

*Liquid foundation

With all foundations, make sure you have the right colour for your skin tone.

If you want a thick, even coverage then apply the foundation to your face using a cosmetic sponge.

For an easier but thinner coverage, use your fingertips to blend into your face.

*Mousse foundation

Applying with your fingertips is the best way. Did you know that mousse foundation is actually powder?

*Liquid Concealer

Apply dots under your eyes in a crescent-moon shape and dab using the tip of your middle finger. Don't rub - this wipes the concealer off!

*Blusher

Smile! Apply a small amount onto a blusher brush and blend onto your apples in a circular motion.

Another way of applying it so that it doesn't look so dramatic is to dab on TINY amounts using your finger and rub in circular motions to blend.

*Eyeliner

Use a white eyeliner on your bottom waterline to make your eyes appear bigger.

Using any other colour eyeliner you like, apply just underneath your bottom lashes. Then roll a cotton bud (or q tip I think they're called in America, idk) gently into some petroleum jelly (vaseline) and use it to smudge and blend your eyeliner in. Same technique can be used for applying eyeliner on your eyelids.

*Mascara

ALWAYS use an eyelash curler BEFORE applying mascara. When applying, apply in a zigzag motion. This helps to coat all the lashes. Remember to use an eyelash brush inbetween coats to make your lashes appear more natural.

*Lips

The key is to exfoliate! Roll a cotton bud in some petroleum jelly (like with the eyeliner!), then roll it in some sugar and swirl gently on your lips for 30 seconds, then wash that off and apply petroleum jelly to your lips.

Hope you found these helpful! :)♥

Make up start doing might fun colors!! I match mine to my offit then to make it have somewhats of a calmer tone I just but a think line of black eyeliner on top. I use Manly cosmetics its $30 for a 120 pallet thats 120 diasrent colors I love ot they last forever great buy. If you dont wanna do that then try a black cat eye with a nice colorful maybe lue green or purple line on the bottom I not on the waterline like below your lashes and bring it out to you corner sounds werid looks super cutee thoee btw you can find great fahion tutoiala on youtube!!