Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 9 years ago

Makeup advice for a teenager!?

I am 14 years old with blue eyes, paler (but not ghostly) skin, and naturally curled eyelashes. How should I do my eyemakeup? I want it natural, but I am open a lot. A few questions are 1. Should I put eyeliner on the top, bottom or both? 2. If on the bottom, on the waterline or the eyelash line? (some girls at my school do both and look amazing so idk which to do) 3. What color eyeliner/eyeshadow should I use?

Thanks to all!

Best Answer

Here are a few makeup tips for you!

*Pressed Powder Foundation

Using a cotton wool ball, press down and swirl gently in the powder container and then press the cotton wool ball on areas on your face. This helps it to stay on longer!

*Liquid foundation

With all foundations, make sure you have the right colour for your skin tone.

If you want a thick, even coverage then apply the foundation to your face using a cosmetic sponge.

For an easier but thinner coverage, use your fingertips to blend into your face.

*Mousse foundation

Applying with your fingertips is the best way. Did you know that mousse foundation is actually powder?

*Liquid Concealer

Apply dots under your eyes in a crescent-moon shape and dab using the tip of your middle finger. Don't rub - this wipes the concealer off!

*Blusher

Smile! Apply a small amount onto a blusher brush and blend onto your apples in a circular motion.

Another way of applying it so that it doesn't look so dramatic is to dab on TINY amounts using your finger and rub in circular motions to blend.

*Eyeliner

Use a white eyeliner on your bottom waterline to make your eyes appear bigger.

Using any other colour eyeliner you like, apply just underneath your bottom lashes. Then roll a cotton bud (or q tip I think they're called in America, idk) gently into some petroleum jelly (vaseline) and use it to smudge and blend your eyeliner in. Same technique can be used for applying eyeliner on your eyelids.

*Mascara

ALWAYS use an eyelash curler BEFORE applying mascara. When applying, apply in a zigzag motion. This helps to coat all the lashes. Remember to use an eyelash brush inbetween coats to make your lashes appear more natural.

*Lips

The key is to exfoliate! Roll a cotton bud in some petroleum jelly (like with the eyeliner!), then roll it in some sugar and swirl gently on your lips for 30 seconds, then wash that off and apply petroleum jelly to your lips.

Hope you found these helpful! :)♥

Since you have blue eyes, try any kind of brown eyeshadows. As for eyeliner, use a black or dark brown pencil with a thin line on the top and a little bit on the bottom. Whether you put it on your waterline or not is your own preference. I personally like it on the waterline, it just looks better to me. For mascara, again, black or dark brown. If you really want your blue eyes to stand out, use dark brown liner and mascara because it will really make your eye color pop. And brown is not a dramatic as black, if you're wanting a more natural look.

Source(s): I love make up, and I have blue eyes.

Don't use eyeliner.. It looks un natural and is a pain in the butt no joke, and plus once you start wearing it you wont feel pretty without it. I recommend some shimmery light browns or pink eye shadows :) you just have to try out colors. And then put mascara on top and bottom lashes and make sure to fill in your eyebrows, this will make your eyes stand out. You could try smokey eye, but this would be more for special occasions like going on a date.

Source(s): I'm a 13 year old intrested in makeup :)

Hey. I'm also Fourteen! I use white eyeshadow and black eyeliner and mascara. I only put eyeliner on my eyelid, not on the bottom. And mascara only on my top eyelashes. I use Sephora brand eyeshadow, but that runs pretty expensive, its $12. You can use any brand you find you like. I have blue eyes and I like the white eyeshadow. I also like light pink, and brown. For eyeliner I use crayon eyeliner. It's really easy to apply. I think pencil eyeliner is rough on my eyes. I use Almay or Maybelline brand in eyeliner. For mascara I prefer black in either Covergirl Lashblast Fusion or Maybelline Collosal. Good luck!

1. Honestly you have to try it out and see for yourself but most of the times it's too much if you put it on the bottom and top so stick to the top of the lid.

2. Waterline, if you are going to do it.

3. Brown will be softer. Black would be for whenever. Blue is edgy.

You just have to play with it all and see what looks best for you.

You should go with SHANY© Carry All Trunk - Professional Makeup Kit -Makeup,Pedicure,manicure

--->Elegant Makeup kit by Shany© , is the All in one set that has all you need for a professional makeup, each individual makeup is manufactured with high quality materials and is offered at a very affordable price, why pay more at edpartment store when you can have them all at one low price. Enjoy it

Product Features

- Carry All Trunk

- Cosmetics inclueded:

- Eyeshadows, Blush, Powders, Nail polish

- Pencils, Sharpener, Mirror , Pedicure, Manicure

- Lipgloss, Lipsticks, Brushes and applicators

• Ronda

There is no set age for wearing makeup, as long as you know how to use it. If you are mature enough to be reasonable and know how much and what type of makeup is appropriate for your age, then you should be fine. For example, a young girl of 13 can look great with a bit of lip gloss, but she would look dreadful if she showed up at school wearing eye shadow and mascara. It will only be flattering if it is age appropriate, and you wear the right look for the right place.

use mascara for sure because it makes anyone look great! eyeliner on both because im 14 and i do both, it looks great! my moms a makeup artist and she says to do light pinks and sparkle~ish and shimmery eyeshadow but doo not do to much ! if you need any coverup use MAC satinfish foundation, it doesnt make you look plastic or fake and it gets the job done !

Try natural shades, like a light shimmery brown / beige eyeshadow, with black mascara and a bit of concealer / bronzer.

Whatever you do, dont wear too much makeup!

For the eyeliner, you have to see what works for you. Try all of it and see which works best. Ask a friend if you can't decide