Are all 7mm Remington rounds of the magnum persuasion and can I order some online?

I'm the owner of a Rem. 770 bolt action chambered in 7mm Rem. Mag. My ammo is rather expensive and I was looking on Cabela's website and I saw some bulk rounds (quality isn't a problem, I'm a target shooter mostly). Here's the listing: http://www.cabelas.com/product/Remington174-Bulk-R...

I was wondering if the "7mm" option is the same as a 7mm Mag.

Also as a secondary question I was wondering if it was legal for me to order ammunition in the communist state of Kalifornia. Your help is appreciated.

I got this gun because in the area where I live hunting is very common and before owning this rifle I didn't have a large enough gun to go hunting for most game.

Favorite Answer

if your a target shooter why did you buy a caliber that costs so much for ammo

No. Remington also offers the 7x57 Mauser in loaded ammunition. They are not the same. 7mm bullets are interchangeable however. You can use the 7mm bulk bullets in any 7mm casing; but you have to assemble the loads yourself; or have somebody else do it for you. I live in New York. California's laws are way more stupid than ours. We can order ammo; and loading components; and take delivery through FED EX and UPS. I'm not familiar with California's ammo restrictions, but any gun shop could tell you what you need to know.

You ask about purchasing ammunition. but your link leads to bulk bullets. Those are just the projectiles for reloading, not complete ammo.

Many different 7mm calibers use that same bullet. If you are reloading, I suggest finding the load you want to use in a manual and buying the bullet, primer and powder stated in the manual.

The Kali ban on ammo was struck down by a court, so it is off for now, but it was for handgun ammo, not rifle ammo or reloading components, so you are good to go for now.

Cali is a pain in the donkey for shooters. Anyway, if you want to for bulk wholesale ammo, try www.TheOutdoorpro.com for the 7mm ammo, usually decent cheap pricing.