IMPORTANT PLEASE READ AND ANSWER?

Salamualkum brothers and sisters i am doing a survey on how many sects Islam is divided into.

I'm am neither shia or sunnia, Wahhabi or sulfi. I am a Muslim who follows the Quran and Sunnah.

What about you?

Abdullah bin Amar (RA) relates that the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) said "Surely things will happen to my people as happened earlier to Israelites, they will resemble each other like one shoe in a pair resembles the other to the extent that if anyone among the Israelites has openly committed adultery to his mother there will be some who will do this in my Ummah as well, verily the Israelites were divided into 72 sections but my people will be divided into 73 sections, all of them will be in the fire except one." The companions asked,'Who are they O Messenger of Allah,' Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "They are those who will be like me and my companions."

the prophet peace be up[on him said:

Allah says in the Holy Quran:

[قُلْ إِن كُنتُمْ تُحِبُّونَ اللَّهَ فَاتَّبِعُونِى يُحْبِبْكُمُ اللَّهُ وَيَغْفِرْ لَكُمْ ذُنُوبَكُمْ وَاللَّهُ غَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ - قُلْ أَطِيعُواْ اللَّهَ وَالرَّسُولَ فإِن تَوَلَّوْاْ فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ لاَ يُحِبُّ الْكَـفِرِينَ ]

(31. Say (O Muhammad to mankind): "If you (really) love Allah, then follow me (i.e. Muhammad), Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.'') (32. Say: "Obey Allah and the Messenger.'' But if they turn away, then Allah does not like the disbelievers.)

The Prophet (PBUH) stated: “I left among you two things that if you commit yourself to them, you won’t go astray: the Book of God (Qur’ān) and my Traditions (Sunna).”

and

It was reported from ‘Awf ibn Maalik who said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“The Jews were divided into 71 sects, one of which is in Paradise and 70 are in the Fire. The Christians

Yes i know, i'm sunni but i'm saying to you my brothers and sisters at the time of our beloved Messenger(PBUH) were there any sunni?

@Thank you Rabbia

This is what i mean there are so many sects it is unbelievable!

Best Answer

“The Jews were divided into seventy-one sects, one of which is in Paradise and seventy are in the Fire. The Christians were divided into seventy-two sects, seventy-one of which are in the Fire and one is in Paradise. By the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, my Ummah will be divided into seventy-three sects, one of which will be in Paradise and seventy-two will be in the Fire.” It was said, O Messenger of Allaah, who are they? He said, “Al-Jamaa’ah.” [Sunan Ibn Maajah, no. 3982]

The definition of Al Jama'ah in Juristic terms is:

Al Sahaabah:They are united under the Khalifah, on the main Ahkam, In Jihad, on Aqeedah and matters of the Deen. They are the ones who transmitted to us the Qur'an and all the ahadith, They are the ones that the Prophet (saw) passed away while being pleased with them and said that they would "never gather in misguidance."

Ibn Umar narrated:

"Allah will never gather this Ummah in misguidance, Allah's hand is over the Jama’ah, … and whoever is deviant is over the hellfire."

Imam Ash Shaatibi said:

"Al Jama'ah is the Sahaabah specifically, they are the ones who established the Deen and those who never gather in misguidance ever, and nobody except them will never gather in misguidance." [Kitaab ul I'tisaam]

Al Firqah An-Naajiyah - the savior sect

Abdullah ibn Mas'oud said:"The Jama'ah is what matches with the obedience to Allah (swt) even if you are alone."

The Prophet (saw) said:"Follow the Jama'ah" [Abu Dawood]

Abdullah ibn Mubarak (181H) said:"Al Jama'ah is Abu Bakr and Umar and they are the savior sect. And he quoted the hadith of the Prophet (saw) "my Ummah will never be gathered in misguidance…"

Imam Bukhari said:"Al Jama'ah are Ahl Al Ilm, those that follow the Prophet (saw) and his companions and those who follow them after."

The Prophet (saw) said:

"The meaning of Al Jama'ah is Ahl Al Ilm, Allah made them hujjah on the people, and made the people follow them, ..."

Umar ibn Khattab said:"O people, I stand today on the same position the Prophet (saw) stood one day and he said: "I ask you to fear Allah with my companions, and those who follow them after, and after them those who follow after , after that people will start to spread lies, and people will become witness though nobody asked for their witness, …, do not let any man be alone with any woman, the Shaytaan will be with them, Shaytaan is with the one and far from the two, whoever wants to be in the heart of Jannah, let him be with the Jama'ah, and whoever is happy when he does the good deed, and is sad when he does the bad deed, he is the mu'min." [Musnad vol1 p18, Tirmizi]

The Prophet (saw) said:

"Be careful and treat my companions well, follow my companions, and those who come after them, and those who come after them, after that there will be lies spread everywhere, until a man gives testimony that nobody asked from him, whosoever wants to see the heart (or the reward/pleasure) of Jannah, let him be with the Jama'ah, because the Shaytaan is with the individual, and is far from the two." [Musnad Imam Ahmad v.1 p.24 H.115, Tirmizi H.2165]

The Prophet (saw) said:

"Whoever sees from his amir, anything bad, let him be patient (i.e. do not rise against him), the one who keeps away from Al Jama'ah (Jama'ah here is not groups, but is Al Jama'atul Muslimeen - i.e. the Ummah under one Amir ul Mu'mineen) and dies, will die the death of Jahiliyyah." [Bukhari H.7054, and Muslim]

The Prophet (saw) said:

"Whosoever gives up obedience (to the caliph), and distances himself from the Jama'ah, and dies, he will die the death of Jahiliyyah." [Muslim v12 p441, Nasaa'I H.4125]

Source(s): 1. As Muslims we cannot lie about anything, especially about our religion. 2. We have original recorded sources of our religion: A) The Quran http://www.quranexplorer.com B) Teachings of Muhammad - the Authentic saying or Sunnah http://www.quranexplorer.com/hadith/english/index.... This is a unique part of Islam, not available in any other religions (christianity, judaism, shiaism, ahmedi'ism, ismailism ,sufism, etc).
  • Tebriz

Sallam aleykom wa rahmatuallahi wa barakatahu

Brother, a Muslim follows the Quran and Authentic Sunnah.

Unfortuantely, people have evil desires to corrupt Islam and they are the deviant sects that the Prophet Himself have mentioned.

Ahle Sunnah = Muslim = Following Quran and Sunnah of the PRophet PBUH

I'm a proud salafi. You quote this hadith to prove your case but this clearly shows that muslims will be in sects, meaning you too will be in a sect. Salafiyyah means you follow the Qur'an and Sunnah as it was understood by the companions and salaf. you follow the qur'an and Sunnah and can only implement and understand it based off of what was passed down form the companions and salaf so doesn't that make you salafi?

If you follow the Quran and the Sunnah, then you follow Islam, and the only ones who do this are Ahlul Sunnah wal Jam'ah. There are Khawarij like the Shiah who don't follow the Quran and Sunnah and instead twist their meanings to suit their desires. That is why we need to make clear that we are from Ahlul Sunnah who are only Muslims.

Yes I totally agree with you,

No where in the Quran do we come across such terms, sunni, shia bla blee.. There was no such terms during the time of Prophet Muhammad (saw).

Then surely there must be error in us using such man-made terms.

Book of Allah (saw) and example of the bestest man in history- Prophet Muhammad (saw) is all we need and should follow to gain peace and the best. (amin)

Alhamdulilah.

Source(s): Salam Alaikum

A person who follows the Quran and Sunnah is a Sunni. Sunni is not a sect, it is a title we use to distinguish ourselves from the deviant Muslims.

Being a 'sunni' refers to following the sunnah of prophet muhammad (pbuh)

Shia,wahhabi,and sulfi were all after muhammeds death- but 'sunni' is the right one-because it's exactly following prophet muhammed's sunnah, therefore you are a sunni.

Shia people follow ali, prophet muhammed's (pbuh) cousin.

Wahabis and Sulfis are strict muslims, they relate to sunnis, but are just more strict.

• Lina

We should only follow the Quran and sunnah. That is what we have been told to do.

When people ask are you Sunni or Shia I answer. I am Ala Hadis. They are whom who follow the Quran and Sunnah and Hadith.

And some asked about the hadith you quoted. Heres a lecture by Zakir Naik who quoted the same Hadith.

Please visit my channel I've uploaded a new nasheed please watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g41mCxzaGEY

Youtube thumbnail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnUfmKqYrCg

Youtube thumbnail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J5uDhRXA6E

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

Salam.

u have to watch these series regardign what you said, it explains everyhting

edit: oh crap, i just realised i forgot to put the link :0

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=so%20w...